Chapter 41

Melody opened her eyes, she heard yelling and crying. She shakily got up.

Lance was looking behind her, crying and shaking. Melody was confused and she looked behind her.

Alexander was on the floor, in a pool of blood. His lifeless eyes were fixated on her. Melody gagged and covered her mouth. That's when she felt the blood on her hands. She looked down at her hands and her clothes. She was holding a knife.

"N-No...I didn't..." Melody scrambled up. Lance looked at her with raw anger and hatred. Melody started hyperventilating.

She ran. Past Lance, past Oliver, past Lilith. She ran outside, the icy air stinging her face. She ran into the forest, occasionally slipping on ice. She heard Lance call her but she didn't stop.

She closed her eyes, trying to get rid of the tears that were forming. When she opened them, a cliff was right infront of her.

Melody tried to stop, but she slid on the ice, and fell.

......................................................................

Melody groaned, she was cold and everything hurt.

"Glad to see you're finally awake." She knew that voice.

She quickly got up and looked at the man who had spoken. Vincent was sitting against the wall of rock, watching her. He was normal again, his face healed, he had his arms, and he looked...human.

"Stay away from me!" Melody screamed at him.

He chuckled, "You should know by now that's not gonna happen." He got up, and walked towards her. Every step forward that he took, she took a step back. Melody backed into a dead-looking gnarled tree. She tried to run but he grabbed her.

"Now now, we both know how this ends if you don't listen, dear." He cooed.

Melody gave up. She looked at him as his sinister smile widened. Brown eyes met blue ones. "I knew you would give in~"