↳intro.

↳intro.

• • •

Since the day Ava Jones came to Rice High School in Altair, Texas, she became the talk of the school almost instantly. It was a school with over a thousand people, yet people knew she was new from the moment she stepped into the halls. People talked, and eventually everyone knew the blonde girl's name. 

Ava came from California, showing off her glowing tan and California style. You could tell that she wasn't from the state of Texas. She was also known to an angel of sorts, being remarkably beautiful and having impeccable fashion sense.

As she walked down the halls, students stared at the girl, stopping in their tracks. Ava not noticing the stares, looks down at the small paper with her schedule on it. Struggling to find the right class, with only two minutes left of the passing period, she ended up turning to her left to see a boy standing at his locker. 

Ava went up to him, confidently, tapping his shoulder. The boy turns around suddenly only to see the prettiest girl he's ever seen. She smiles innocently at the boy, making his hands begin to sweat. 

"Hi, I'm Ava. I'm new, and I can't seem to find room 240. Can you perhaps show me?" she says, pointing at the schedule to show him. His mouth goes up and down, not being able to say anything. She looks at him confused, waiting for an answer. 

He eventually finds the words. "Um, yeah. Yeah. Follow me." he smiles awkwardly, closing his locker. He quickly walks around her, leaving her there. Still confused, she follows the boy. 

"So, what's your name?" Ava asks, walking beside him. "Ryan Trahan." he answers looking down at the girl who was only a few inches shorter than him. 

The students watch the two walk down the hallway together, bewildered by the fact that Ryan Trahan was walking with the new student who seemed a little out of his league. Ava ignored the stares again, while Ryan noticed. He doesn't say anything and continues to walk the girl to her class. 

When they arrive to the classroom, they stop in front of the door. It was an awkward silence for a minute, but Ava instantly breaks it. "Thanks Ryan. I appreciate it." she smiles showing her glowing white teeth. 

He just nods, unable to speak. 

"Do people always stare at you?" she whispers, looking at the students watch her and him intensely. 

"Trust me, they're not staring at me." he laughs slightly. She raises her eyebrows, confused. 

"I got to go, I only have a minute. See you around?" Ryan asks backing up in the almost empty hallway. 

"Of course." Ava answers walking backwards too. They both wave softly, and he begins to run to his next class. 

After the first day, Ava made many new friends and admirers from her classes. She was used to the attention, and she wasn't surprised that she would get a lot of that here. Ava has always been popular for her beauty and intelligence.