↳ Kiss.

BREAKEVEN | CHAPTER 7  

CHAPTER SEVEN.

↳ Kiss.

  • • • 

No one says anything, making the whole ordeal very awkward. Ryan and Ava kept exchanging looks, while Stephen was trying to start a conversation with Sam. Ava stirs her water, trying to pay attention to her boyfriend and friend's conversation. 

Looking up, she sees Ryan staring the girl down. He notices her dress and how perfectly it fit on her. She instantly looks away, and continues to stir her water. 

"So, Ava. How's college?" Sam asks, making her look up again. She puts her hands in her lap and begins to answer. As she answers, Ryan just couldn't take his eyes off her. She was beautiful. She curled her hair, and he could smell the same perfume she's always worn since they dated. His eye catches Stephen's, who was watching him. 

He quickly looks away from him, and looks at Sam who was watching Ava answer. Finally, the food came, just so this double date could end sooner. But Ava and Ryan wanted. 

"If you didn't know, Ryan here is a YouTuber. Almost one million subscribers." Sam brags slightly, putting her hand on his thigh. 

"Really? That's amazing." Ava fake smiles, stabbing her fork into the steak. Of course she knew he was YouTuber, she gave him the idea. "I have to agree, that's pretty incredible. You must be working super hard." Stephen adds, smiling at Ryan. 

"Yeah, I film at least a video every day." Ryan adds. The three continue to talk, while Ava just looked at her plate, wanting this night to be over.

• • • 

We all walk outside, Ava's hand in Stephen's and Sam's in Ryan's. "This was great, we should do these more often, the double dates, aye?" Sam asks, nudging Ava. 

"Yeah, definitely." Ava sighs, raising her eyebrows. 

Sam turns to Ryan. "I had fun Ryan, we should hang out again, hopefully soon." she smiles and Ryan nods agreeing. And as if Sam wanted to torture Ava, she kissed him. He doesn't stop her, and pulls her closer. 

"Bye Ryan." Sam smiles, pulling away and getting into her Uber. Ava's mouth was slightly open, not believing that just happened. They literally met 8 hours ago! Fuming, she grabs Stephen's hand and kisses him. Opening her eyes, she sees Ryan staring back at her sadly. 

"Let's go." she says to Stephen, leaving Ryan there at the entrance of the restaurant. 

As they get back to the apartment, Stephen says that he needed to stay at his house because he had an early class tomorrow. Ava understood, and kissed him goodbye. As he left, Ava couldn't believe that Ryan kissed Sam. 

They just met, and she was not his type. He was also going to get hurt, cause she knew that Sam was probably out with another boy right now. 

Ava was about to jump into the shower, when there was a knock at the door. Thinking it was Stephen, who probably forgot something, she opened the door. To her surprise, it wasn't Stephen. 

"What do you want?" she asks, folding her arms across her chest. 

"What happened back there, at the restaurant?" Ryan asks, walking into the apartment. She closes the door and follows. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." she simply answered, looking at him. 

"You know exactly what...you were jealous...weren't you?" he asks, smirking. Ava begins to laugh, rolling her eyes. 

"Jealous? No way." she walks away into the kitchen. "If you don't remember, I have a perfectly fine boyfriend, thank you." 

"I saw the way you looked at Sam kissing me. You were so jealous!" he smirks cockily. 

"No, I was worried. Cause if you didn't know, Sam likes to talk to many people. Mostly boys. And most of them end up in bed with her at the end of the date. Which I was surprised that you didn't end up going with her." 

"Worried? I don't believe that." he says. 

"I just don't want you to end up like the rest of them." she walks away from him again. 

"I get it. You still like me." he gives her a smug look, and she instantly turns to him. 

"Like I said, I'm in a perfectly fine relationship, and I don't need you telling me who I like or not!" she yells, pointing at his chest. 

Ava then noticed how close they were, and she stepped back, leaving the apartment silent. 

"I don't like you, and I wasn't jealous." she says quietly. Ryan then takes a step towards her, putting his hand in hers. "You sure?" he asks, his hot breath on her ear. Ava knew this was wrong, but she couldn't seem to pull away. 

"Y-yes." she stutters, now feeling his other hand on her waist. "If you didn't like me, you wouldn't be this nervous." he smiles, now looking into her eyes. 

"Ryan, don't." she whispers, closing her eyes. "I have Stephen." 

He doesn't say anything back, and begins to lean forward. Ava looks up at him, only to see him only a few centimeters away. Finally, his lips touch hers.

Ava then got this feeling, a feeling she's missed since high school. Whenever she kissed Stephen, she never felt this way. Ava kisses back, tangling her hands into his hair. He backs her up into the wall, both of his hands on her hips. 

He pulls away, and begins to kiss the girl's neck. "Ryan, this isn't right." she softly says. 

"No, this is completely right." he whispers, and kisses her again. Ava then realizes how bad this really was, even though she wanted this more than anything. She quickly stops kissing him, and moves out of grasp. 

"Go home, Ryan." Ava says, stepping away from him. 

"Ava-"

"I said go home, Ryan." she repeats, running her hand through her hair. He nods, and leaves the apartment. 

She locks the door and leans against the door. Her hands instantly feel her swollen lips.

"Oh no."