Part 3

Marinette's PoV

The next day I amazingly wasn't late. For the past few days I'd been late because of the morning sickness but thankfully today it wasn't as bad. My eyes scanned the classroom as I walked in, and skipped over Adrien's desk. He was here but I was too afraid to look at him, I started feeling a little nauseous. I swallowed back the vile and sat down at my desk. Wait, I just went pee, why do I have to go again? The teacher wasn't there yet so I got up and hurried to the bathroom again.

I flushed just as someone came in.

"Sabrina, do something to make it smell better in here, it's making my eyes water."

I heard fumbling and assumed Sabrina was going through her bag. Spritz spritz spritz. Just a few seconds and I smelled something even worse than the bathroom. It smelled very strongly of cake icing and I started to feel nauseous again. A pit feeling in my stomach made me twirl around to the toilet. My bangs stuck to my face as I began to sweat, and then suddenly I felt better.

"C'mon Sabrina. I need to say hello to my Adrikins."

"Yes Chloe, coming, Chloe." Sabrina sounded happier than she should've been.

I opened my stall again after they left and hurriedly turned back around to the toilet and threw up. I heaved and did it again.

The bathroom door opened again. Two pairs of footsteps came up behind me quickly.

"Marinette? Are you okay?" Rose squeaked.

"Yeah what's up?" Juleka whispered.

I coughed, "It's nothing, I'm fine." My voice was raspy and my eyes were watering. My mouth tasted disgusting but I'm not going into detail.

Rose pat my back, "We can bring you to the nurse, this doesn't seem very "fine" to me."

I sat up some more, turned around to their worried faces, and sniffled. Reluctant, I said, "I guess..." Rose and Juleka brought me to the sink to wash up a little and then we went to the nurse.

Adrien's PoV *few minutes earlier*

Marinette came in and rushed out not too soon after, I wanted to go check on her but then Nino came in, started talking to me, and was quickly interrupted by Chloe.

"Adrikins~" She sing-songed. She latched her arms around me, smothering me with kisses.

"Unfair, dudette. Couldn't you see I was talking to my man Adrien?" Nino looked more angry than disappointed.

"Well can't you see I was busy saying good morning to my Adrikins?"

I rolled my eyes, "Chloe, I appreciate you saying good morning to me but Nino was talking to me first." I shook her arms off of me. She groaned and stomped back to her seat.

"Anyways, you were saying?" I turned back to Nino.

"I forgot, but thanks anyways man." He smiled at me, fixing his cap. Juleka and Rose walked in, talking seriously about something but I couldn't tell what.

"Good morning Rose, good morning Juleka." I said, and gave them a small wave.

Rose smiled back and Juleka waved, walking up to my desk. "Have you guys seen Marinette this morning?"

My eyes lit up, "Yeah, she came in earlier and put her stuff down. She seemed in a hurry to leave again though, why do you ask?"

"Well, we just saw her in the bathroom, terribly sick."

My smile fell, "Oh no."

"We had to help her to the nurse, but Nurse Talley thinks its just a little stomach bug. Marinette looked like she was going to pass out though, so we just thanked the nurse and left. We came to come get her bags for her, she's going home early." Rose explained.

I stood up. "It's okay, I can go bring them to her. I needed to talk to her anyway."

Rose agreed to let me take them to her. Ms. Bustier walked in as I gathered Marinette's things. "Adrien, mind if I ask what you are doing?"

"Marinette is going home early, she's sick. So I'm bringing her backpack to her."

Ms. Bustier nodded, "Alright, be back soon though, we have some things we need to start on early."

I put Mari's bag on my shoulder and walked out the classroom the the nurse downstairs.

I opened the door and saw Marinette on a bed in the corner curled up, reading a book.

"Hey," I said. She looked up and her eyes widened.

"A-Adrien! What are you d-doing here?" She sat up pretty fast. I walked over and pushed her back down slowly, sitting on the bed.

"I brought your stuff for you, I wanted to make sure you're alright."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Its just a little bug but I bet I'll be better by tomorrow." She watched her thumbs twiddling together while I watched her eyelashes bat elegantly as she blinked.

Realising I was being a little creepy, I looked away, setting her things down gently. "So, are your parents picking you up or do you need some help getting home?"

She looked up again and blurted, "Papa!" Confused, I looked around. Nobody was there. "S-sorry. I- I meant Papa is coming to get me from across the street. The nurse wouldn't allow me to walk alone for some odd reason." We sat in silence for a moment, not comfortable nor awkward.

Marinette looked at a clock on the wall, "You should get back to class before you miss anything in Ms. Bustier's class." She smiled and my heart fluttered. Why did I suddenly get a homey feeling from her?

"You're right, thank you. See you later, Marinette! I hope you feel well soon." I waved and closed the infirmary door behind me, walking to class again, happier than earlier.

Marinette's PoV *home*

Papa is always so nice to me when I'm sick, it's been a while since he's gotten me from the school so I've forgotten what it was like. I looked at my stomach. I'm only a few weeks along, maybe a month and a half, but I'm pretty sure I want to keep the baby. I've never believed in abortion (A/N: FOR HERSELF.) and there's no way in hell I will now.

I need to tell Mama and Papa but I don't know what they'll do. I haven't even told the father, Chat, much less know his identity.

Stupid love akuma. I'm ashamed to say I wanted it but when Chat was put under the akuma's spell, I knew my hormones would get the best of me. I waited for Papa to leave me to go back to the bakery.

"Tikki? I haven't really talked with you today. I think I have some left-over cookies in a box on my desk. I'm going to go to sleep for now." Tikki nodded and gently placed her little nub on my face and gave me the tiniest kiss imaginable.

"Sleep well, Mari. Chat may need some help later despite your circumstances." I threw my covers over myself and enveloped myself in warmth. Something I haven't properly felt since Chat was put under that spell.

I drifted to sleep but my dream didn't even feel like a dream. It felt like history was repeating itself, a very precise flashback.

-------

9-25-18 | I'm 14 now :)

3-2-21 Just to clarify something! I didn't intend for Marinette to come off as pro life! She may very well be pro choice, but has never believed in having an abortion for herself. I've realized a lot of people have taken notice of that point in the story, I'm very sorry for the late comment!

11-23-22 Please do not express whether you are pro-life or pro-choice in my comments! That is something that is better kept to yourself. I'm not here for fights to brew in the comment section.