Part 4

Flashback to a month and a half ago

Marinette's PoV

Attempting to tip toe into class has become the usual, but by now, I doubt it even matters much. I've had the same class and same teacher for four years. I was late pretty much every day to the point that now Chloe doesn't even bother with announcing my late arrival.

Spring break of our senior year was coming up and all we could think about was plans or studying for the final exams after the break. I just happened to be a bit of both unfortunately.

There's no surprise that I stayed up all night studying for the finals, as I have done this for every year, except.. it's different this year. This year, I feel like I should make this exam count and be worth something. Something spectacular, something never done before. The only reason I feel this way however, is because I want to make up for all the class time I had to miss for patrols or fights. I want to graduate along with my classmates and feel equal. I want to forget I nearly flunked many times due to my absences. I want to feel like I truly earned that diploma. So, working harder than ever is how I will make all of that come true.

"Marinette! How many times must I call on you? Please, pay attention." Ms. Bustier sounded slightly aggravated, which was quite unusual for her.

"Ah! Sorry miss!" I apologetically smiled.

"Right then," Ms. Bustier sighed, "as you all know, your final exams are coming up. You all have much work to do, some more than other's, but on top of that, you also have your graduation coming up as well." Some students began fidgeting in their seats. Any time someone mentions graduation, nobody feels comfortable. We've grown up together, it doesn't seem right to leave each other now.

Ms. Bustier let out a little chuckle and wiped her eyes, although that didn't stop the on-pour of tears. "I know we've still got eight weeks together but," She began looking around the classroom, pausing to look at each individual student, "I'm not even sure eight lousy weeks will make up for how much I will miss all of you." Her voice broke and she leaned back to sit on top of her desk. "I just want all of you to know that I am so, so, so proud of you all." She smiled at us all, lovingly like a mother would to her children. I felt my eyes tear up a bit as she dismissed us for the weekend.

I didn't even bother packing up before I walked up to her desk and hugged her. To say I'll miss her as a teacher is an understatement. Not to mention I'll miss her as a person. We've spent four years in highschool getting to know each other, just to leave her behind for our own lives seems cruel. It's not every day that a teacher gets to teach the same class all throughout highschool.

"I'm sure a lot of us will miss you too, Ms. Bustier. You mean a lot to us, you've been here day in and day out since the beginning of our highschool career and there's nothing in the world that will make us regret this experience. I know this isn't goodbye just yet, but I'd still like you to know that you mean something to us all, so thank you for everything. Absolutely everything you have done for us all has changed us as a person in one way or another." I let go of her when I heard other people gather around us.

Nobody had left the room yet and a few appeared to be crying as well. Rose, Mylene, Sabrina, Nathan, and Ivan being those few.

"Thank you, Marinette. Thank you so much." Ms. Bustier was still crying but her smile showed so much more happiness than before. I had never realized how much we meant to her before, but now I did.

In the end, everyone got a chance to thank her, some giving hugs, the others spouting kind words. We all gathered our things and left the classroom after Ms. Bustier had calmed down. I suppose we could have made all that a little less emotional but we each did something for her that just felt right to do. Even Chloe was in on it. Although, she thanked her in a Chloe way if that makes sense.