Part 7

Adrien Agreste

-

My fingers nervously tapped my pencil to my desk. A sense of dread and happiness was written all over my expression and I knew this, and yet, I didn't make an effort to fix it. I.. I was going to be a father? But I don't even remember doing-- it! How could I be so sure it was mine- Wait, what am I thinking? Marinette wouldn't ever lie about something like that. I just need to accept the fact that I did this to her. I caused her so much stress over the month...

"Mr. Agreste! Do I need to call you once more?" My eyes shot up and I quickly shook my head, "Good. Pay attention to the lesson, young man. This will come in handy for the test next week." Ms. Bustier turned back toward the board and began pointing to places on a map she had pulled up. As she did so, my mind wandered once more, and before I knew it, I was yet again lost in thought.

After what seemed to be forever, I felt tapping on my shoulder. "Dude, class is over." I looked over to my best friend, reading his worried face.

"R-right." I put my things in my bag quickly but right before I could step out the door, there was a hand to my collar, pulling me back. "Hey!" I said, trying to get away, but to no avail. I was spun around and immediately pulled into a hug.

"...Nino?" I watched him, concerned. Timidly, I hugged back. When I did, I saw my shaking hands from over his shoulder. Nino pulled away, and held his hands on my shoulders, keeping me in place.

"Tell me what's going on, bro. You've been super out of it today. You got the whole class worried for you." He let go of me, and straightened his cap.

I looked away, ashamed. "I can't tell you yet. It's not my place right now to do so." I turned back toward him, "I'll tell you some other time, right now, I just need to think."

I spun on my heels, and found myself walking toward the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. It seemed to me that I had blacked out the whole day, lost in thought. Sighing, trying to regain myself, I began walking to the park. I sat down at a bench, crossing my legs. I knew full and well I was supposed to go straight home but I also knew if I were to go there, I'd get a lecture from my father for arriving to school late. So, the best thing for me was to just sit and enjoy the view. Children ran past me, playing a friendly game of Freeze Tag while their parents sat around, chatting it up. As time passed, one by one, the parents gathered their children. I smiled to myself, oh, what a dream it would be to have my childhood back. I had lost it so long ago when my mom dissapeared, it almost seemed like I had never had one at all.

What was I thinking? I cleared my throat, standing up. I sat back down on the fountain, and called the Gorilla.

"I'm ready to be picked up. I'm at the park." I said, curtly. A grunt, and then a beep. He was on his way, and I was on my way to my doom.

-

Marinette Dupain-Cheng

-

"Alya!" I smiled as she walked in, bags in hand.

"Hey girl! I have so much to tell you. You won't believe it!"

I reached for one of her three bags, "Well, you can tell me all about it once we get these up into my room." As happy as I was, there was a pit welling in the bottom of my stomach, I knew it wouldn't be long before I would become cold, start shaking profusely, and begin crying. So I hurried along and brought her things to my room, Alya not too far behind me as I opened the trap door to my room. I set her things on my chaise and sat down, clenching my fists nervously and putting them between my knees. Alya sat her things down beside me and pulled out her phone for a moment, probably checking her LadyBlog. She looked back up and put her phone away.