Chapter Five

"Nata, LA!" Halie says. Nata looks confused.

"I know LA!" Nata defense herself.

This goes on for about five more minutes before Nata asks, "Hey, where's Emily?" They look confused for a couple of minutes before I come in out of breath.

"I'm so sorry, guys!" I call out from the back. To the stage from the doors was several hundred feet. I hear cheers and whistles.

"I love you, Emily!" I hear Penie yell. I smile as I run onto stage.

Out of breath, I say, "Sorry for being late. I was stuck in traffic!" I pretend to drop to the ground. The crowd laughs. Nata helps me up.

"Do you guys want to learn some Spanish?" Kat asks the crowd. They cheer.

"Nata-" Halie was cut off.

"Yes, my best friend?" Nata asks dynamically while laying on her.

"Nata means 'You're welcome' in Spanish!" Kat announces.

The crowd repeats, "Nata," and Nata looks up.

"I didn't know so many people love me!" She replies, tearing up. The crowd along with the rest of us laugh. I look out, and it's like slow motion. So many people cheering us on. It's like nobody ever hated us. I close my eyes for a moment.

It's like a vision. We're still on stage, but I wake up to Nata shaking me with tears rolling down her face. Her eyes a big and puffy.

"Em, you alright?" She asks me through the tears. I open my eyes to see Nata with tears rolling down her face, her cheeks are red, and she's laughing. Good!

"You gotta do it now, Em!" Kat says. I give them a confused look. Was I really day dreaming for that long?

"What'd I Miss you gotta dance to it!"

I smirk. What'd I Miss is one of my favorite songs from Hamilton: An American Musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda. The song starts playing, and of course, I start dancing like an idiot. Our fans laugh at us. The show part soon ended. That meant it was question time! A fan raised their hand. I pointed at them.

"The girl in the blue merch t-shirt," I said.

She smiled and giggled as the microphone was passed off to her. "Hello, my question is for," she thought for a moment, "Nata."

"Oh, yeah! Take that! I get the first question!" Nata cheered happily. We chuckled at her.

"So, when you guys made the fan songs, did you really mean that you would do anything for us? The fans?" That was a hard question.

"I would. I'll take a bullet for anybody in this room!" She exclaims. "Y'all are too important." This made the Fire Sticks cheer. I sigh and check my phone. I gulp shallowly.
"I'll be back," I explain quickly before walking backstage. "Hello, this is Emily Whalen!" I say.

"Miss Whalen, this is Doctor Follwe. I am David McCallum's doctor." This made my heart skip a beat.

"What happened?" My voice broke as tears flew from my eyes.

"Miss Whalen, I'm so sorry," Doctor Follwe said. "David didn't make it through the surgery."

I broke down and cried. I couldn't stop the tears. Right at this moment, Hold Me Close ~ Castiel's Lament by Elizabeth Smart started to play.

"Hold me close, and never let me go," the song sang. "Please." It sounded depressing. "Tell me all the things that I should know." The crowd started to sing along now. "Please," I sobbed harder. David McCallum was gone. My father figure was gone. Why did this have to happen? Would I be signing things? Would I have to go to anything?

"I use to shine so bright; I lit the night. I was the light in every midnight sky." The music went on for a while. "Hold me close, and tell me not to fear. Please?" At this time Doctor Follwe had already hung up. "Tell me all the things I want to hear. Please?"

Nata came backstage and tackled me. I cried into her shoulder as she held me close. "I used to have such wings; I used to sing!" David was with Him now. "I was the ring on the planets," the song and crowd sang, "in other universes somewhere other than here. I was a star. I fell so far." Was this me now? Am I falling since David wasn't here anymore.

"I did it all for you." I did everything that I could for my friends. I loved them so much. "I gave my grace; I gave my face. I did it all for you." I was pulled back by Nata. My family was surrounding me. Mark, Sean, Michael; Nata. All of them were here. "All for you. All for you, now! All for you," I block the song out after this. My real family leads me out of the stadium.

Sean brings me into his arms. I feel warm water droplets fall into my hair. "Emily," he starts, "I'm so sorry. I wish there was something that I could do for you."

"He raised me from perdition to be God's ammunition," I whispered.

"I think we all need some rest," he whispered back to me. I broke out in a small smile. That was something David would say. At least his legacy would live on. Once we got back to the hotel that we booked a couple of minutes ago, I fell onto the bed.

"Em, are you sure you're okay?" Sean asks.

I burst out crying again. "No, I'm not okay. My father pretty much just died without anything happening. I couldn't see him! Of course I'm perfectly fine!" I shout at him. He flinches.

"Emi," he starts, but I cut him off.

"Don't call me that!" I snap. "You're sounding like him!"

Sean starts to tear up. "Emily Whalen," Mark says, grabbing my shoulders and looking at me, "listen to me. We all miss David, okay? But that gives you no right to have this kind of attitude, missy!" I cry into his chest.

"I'm so sorry, Mark!" I cry.

"It's alright, kiddo. It's alright," he whispers, kissing my head.

That night, I don't think any of us got any sleep. I kept on looking at my background photo. It showed us - David and I - goofing around. He had a glass of sparkling wine, and I had a shot glass. We were at the nearest bar. Yes, it was a gross drink; David and I were happy. That's what mattered.