Chapter 5

Harry and Remus watched each other, waiting for the other to move first. Remus had his wand held under the table and Harry was gripping the butter knife that had been on the table.

"Pup?" Sirius asked worriedly, looked between his friend and godson. Hermione also looked thoroughly worried.

Harry released the knife begrudgingly, his instincts screaming at him to not be defenseless before an angry werewolf, and smiled gingerly at Sirius. Remus watched him, the wolf in him obviously wanting to pounce on Harry but Remus was restraining him surprisingly well.

Harry stood from the table in a very fluid motion that had been taught to him in the immortal world. It had become natural to Harry to move like that, but the others at the table seemed caught off guard by the pure-bloodness in the motion.

"I'm going to go speak with Walburga." Harry said and left them in the room. The twins didn't even know what to say, for the first time in their lives.

Remus quickly followed him, grabbing Harry's arm and taking him into an unused room. Harry pulled out the knife that he had not put on the table as everyone had seen but had, in fact, slipped into his pocket.

They stood in a deadlock, Remus with his wand to Harry's neck and Harry with his knife ready to stab between Remus' ribs and into important organs. Harry used his vampire magic to put up a silencing ward around them. Thankfully, Moody wasn't in the building.

"Who are you?" Remus whispered.

"Harry James Potter, Lord to the Noble and Most Ancient house of Black." Harry replied, pressing the knife a little harder when Remus did the same with his wand.

"Don't lie to me!" Remus said, his eyes alight with anger.

Harry looked into those eyes, "I swear on my magic and the essence of life that flows through me, I am Harry Potter."

Remus stumbled backwards, removing his wand and seemed to be waiting for Harry to lose his magic. But he didn't. He was Harry Potter.

"How-" Remus started, "When- Why-"

Harry watched the werewolf fumble, this was the first test. Could Remus still like Harry knowing what he was? Would he be one of the ten people Voldemort wouldn't attack?

"Remus, I'm older than you." Harry said, the words were so foreign to him but it was true, Remus would be around 35 and Harry was... 40.

Remus froze, "How? I was there! I was there when you were born. You weren't- You weren't a- a- a vampire when I last saw you!"

"I last saw you 25 years ago." Harry said.

"What?"

"I've spent 25 years in the immortal world, Remus. Surely you know of it." Harry said.

"B-But that's a legend, a myth!"

Harry shook his head, "It's real."

They looked at each other for a moment, but Remus nodded believing him. Harry fiddled with the hem of his robes.

"Do you mind?" Harry asked in a show of vulnerability Harry wasn't used to.

Remus paused at the sight of the worried teen before him, forgetting that he was actually older than him, Harry was still a child, "Of course I don't mind, Harry. I don't care what you are, I was just worried you were an imposter."

Harry sighed in relief, first protected person: Remus Lupin.

"You won't tell anyone will you?" Harry asked quickly, "No one can know! Not even Sirius or Dumbledore!"