Chapter 17

Harry made sure to trip slightly as they landed - the Black ring screaming at him for the undignified action, louder than ever before - but it needed to be done. Even in the Immortal World, it had taken his years to shake off his inability to take any form of magical transport, so no one would believe it vanished over night.

Harry didn't realise until he was standing in a room of finely dressed Pure-bloods that he was still wearing his uniform. He quickly made his way over to the nearest bathroom, abandoning Kingsley immediately, and promptly summoned Kreacher.

"Master!" The elf exclaimed upon seeing him, throwing himself at Harry's feet.

"Kreacher." Harry greeted him coolly, the elf just beamed at being greeted at all, "I need you to bring me the formal robes I have hanging in the master bedroom. Don't worry about its size, just bring it."

"Yes, Master Black! Of course, Master Black!" Kreacher vanished and was back instantly, faster than Harry had seen any elf leave and return.

"Thank you, Kreacher." Harry took the robes, sure they'd be covered by the plum over robes of the Wizengamot but that was only during the meeting which started in an hour. There was no way Harry was going into a room full of Pure-blood Lords in his uniform.

Harry thought of Tom as he took in what he'd need to shrink and what would just look weird shrunk. He didn't understand why Tom didn't want to mingle before the meeting like the other Lords.

The elf teared up and Harry said, "Return to Grimmauld Place and make sure Sirius doesn't do anything stupid, okay?"

"Yes, Master Black." The elf's mood was slightly dampened by that command but he left to faithfully fulfil it.

Harry quickly changed into the oversized robes and took great care in shrinking them down. It wasn't as good as properly fitted robes but it still fit snug in most places.

The first thing Harry did when he found his way to the room specifically used to talk to other Lords before and after meetings, was scan the room. He made a mental note of who he knew as Harry and who he shouldn't know. Then he noted everyone he'd exchanged letters with and started with the one who had replied most enthusiastically.

He subtly reminded the people he talked to about the outcome he was hoping for with the werewolf law. He made sure to stick strictly to the light families but talked to a few neutrals who came up to him of their own volition.

He didn't talk about Dumbledore or Voldemort, in fact he openly avoided it. Not long after Harry started talking to people, Ash came. He was dressed in his Immortal World finery but it didn't seem out of place.

Ash's appearance was one that Harry had seen him use many times, his hair was cut short and styled and he had a touch of facial hair under his lip and around his chin. The colour of his hair was more sun-kissed than his normal darker brown and these small changes made him look completely different from his Professor persona.

He surveyed the room, much like Harry had. And showed no visible reaction to anyone, even Harry. His eyes lingered curiously but there was no sign of recognition.

It was Lucius Malfoy that approached him first, cautiously, "And who might you be?"

Harry strained his vampire hearing to eavesdrop, it was hard because he was also trying to maintain conversation with some light lady.

"My name is Lord Halvard." Ash rasped, his voice grated from disuse. Or presumed disuse, "I was summoned to this meeting by a letter."

Lucius smiled at the man, a good impersonation of a caring person, "You are new to Britain?"