Chapter 14

Harry stared at Tom, incredulous, before huffing and walking to his suite. Harry heard his laughs all the way till he closed his door.

This time, Hibby wasn't there to help Harry out of his clothes and he didn't want to call her in the middle of the night. Thankfully, they were easier to get off than they were to get on.

The bed in the room called to Harry but he refused it, preferring to get back to Hogwarts and not have to use the time turner. He sent a goodbye through the bracelet to Tom and shadow-stepped to just outside Hogwart's wards.

But getting into Hogwarts wasn't going to be as easy as getting out of it. There were order members at the gate, half-asleep but still there. Harry couldn't risk getting seen. That left the secret passageways.

Harry's first stop to the Shrieking Shack almost got him caught by the order member there. Harry grumbled about Dumbledore's paranoia but at least he was trying to protect his students for once.

Harry returned to his younger appearance as it made it easier to hide under his invisibility cloak. Even with the cloak, Harry put several concealment charms on himself and used his vampire enhanced speed to run pass the guard.

Once inside the Shack, it was far harder to make no noise. Every step Harry made seemed to creak but he managed to make it into the passage without alerting the guard.

Manoeuvring inside Hogwarts was the easiest. The Marauder's Map helped him avoid all of the patrolling teachers and ghosts. And he made it to the portrait of the fat lady quickly. The silent halls of Hogwarts were calming to Harry, it was so serene only lit by moonlight.

Harry eyed the portrait, hoping she would only wake up enough to open and not get suspicious of Harry's activities. He wouldn't be able to do this often or else she might take note. 

When he said the password, she blearily opened and went back to sleep before the door had even been shut. Harry heard voices in the common room and was quiet as he entered, wand at the ready.

Fred and George were huddled over something in the corner, laughing a little maniacally to each other.

"What are you two doing?" Harry asked, ripping off the cloak and scaring both twins so much they yelped.

The twins spun to Harry, clutching at their chests and trying to regain their breath, "Harry! Don't ever do that again!"

"What if we'd spilt it!"

"Spilt what?" Harry asked curiously.

They shared a look before shrugging and gesturing for Harry to walk over.

"It's our newest invention." One of the twins said proudly.

"We call them Puking Pastilles."

Harry looked at them, picking one up. It looked like a normal sweet, "And who are you trying to make puke?"

"No one yet."

"We haven't gotten the formula right yet."

"Would you like to try our latest prototype?"

Harry shook his head, "I'm good. I can't puke anyway."

The twins looked puzzled then remembered Harry was a vampire as if that explained it.

"Is the lolly shape essential?" Harry asked, it would be much easier to slip into someone's food it it weren't.

They shook their head, "We only made it like that so you can use it as a prank."

"You give it to them and they think you're being sweet and all."

"But it just makes them throw up."