Seven - Honeymoon and Healing

"Your desserts, madam and sir."

Peter and Mariska thanked the waiter who had just returned with their chocolate lava cake and ice cream for dessert. They'd been reminiscing about their wedding and how beautiful it had been, something that always was soft spot for them as it had been such a perfect day. They couldn't believe it had been fourteen years since that magical day, and though they'd had ups and downs like any normal couple, their love remained strong and solid.

"Mmm..." Mariska hummed as she swallowed the sweet treat; "This might be better than the orgasm you gave me on our wedding night." She tried to keep a straight face as she spoke, but when she looked up and saw the raised eyebrow Peter was giving her, she was forced to chuckle.

"Kidding."

"I know you are, because nothing is better than that." He smirked at her before tucking into his own dessert, while she shrugged and giggled at him.

"No dessert is better than any orgasm you've ever given me." She winked before laughing as Peter's eyes went wide. She shrugged adorably as she popped another spoon full of dessert into her mouth yet again, humming softly at how good it was.

"Stop making that noise."

Her gaze flicked to him again; the shade of green in his eyes had darkened slightly. She bit her lip, before purposely making the sound again, though she made it sound a little more sensual which resulted in Peter simply groaning and shaking his head in despair.

"Lucky I'm not sitting next to you right now." He muttered. Her lips curled into a smirk as she tilted her head.

"Okay let's pick up the mood before I straddle you right here," she joked before continuing; "No...we've had a great marriage though so far haven't we? We don't fight anymore than a normal couple, we just...go through life and do the damn thing."

"Exactly, and I'm sure our good marriage is down to our ability to remember the good times and remember all the love we've got for each other," He took a sip of his wine before switching the subject a bit; "Remember our honeymoon, baby?"

"I spent half of it on my back but yeah." She casually replied, smirking when she realized he was giving her a raised eyebrow as he smiled.

She swallowed to clarify; "Tanning baby, remember I spent half it laying on my back, catching a tan." Her shoulders shook slightly as she started laughing and Peter simply rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Yeah, and for another reason too," he winked before continuing; "But...for an entirely different reason, our honeymoon was great - the first Joyful Heart Retreat."

"Oh God, that was simply beautiful." Her lips curled into a dazzling smile as she thought about it.

"It was," he squeezed her hand; "And all thanks to you, survivors were finally starting to heal."

*****

September 2004.

The luxurious hotel suite on the beautiful Hawaiian Island was silent...for the most part. The living room and kitchen area were empty, the bedroom balcony door was opened slightly but no one was on the balcony. The shower wasn't running, and the breakfast on the counter in the kitchen lay untouched. The only sounds to be heard were the giggles and frisky squeals of delight sounded from the bedroom of the luxurious hotel suite.

The white dressed, four poster bed was a mess really - with wrinkled sheets and a fluffy white comforter that had fallen to the floor. In the middle, under the thin white sheets, was the giggling newlywed couple whom had only been married for about three weeks, but who simply couldn't get enough of each other. Their honeymoon was a combination of time for the two of them in between their schedules, and the launch of something she had been working on for a while now - finally. She was excited and happy that it was finally happening, that finally she could give back and use her platform for something so great. The first few days of it had been great so far and tonight was a gathering for all involved, so it was quite exciting.