Thirteen - Trust Me

"Filming that Lewis stuff was tough man; I would appreciate it if the writers don't ever go there again."

Peter laughed, downing the rest of his wine. He was enjoying this night of reminiscing with his wife, talking about different aspects of their relationship and bringing up the fond memories and good times with each other. That's all it ever was between the two of them - good times together. Their relationship was based on love and respect; they fought for each other and stood by each other, laughed and cried together; everything.

"Yeah, I don't want them to write anything like that again for you because as tough as it was for you to film it, it was tough for me to watch you film it and even tougher to watch it back - both times," he told her as he poured them both another glass of wine, "Those I think are my least favorite scenes you've ever done."

"Those are the least favorites of yours that I've done?" she raised an eyebrow, looking at him; "I would think that any scenes I have that involve me sucking face with another man would be your least favorite."

"Well there's just something about seeing your wife at the hands of a psycho that doesn't sit right with me, Marish," he smirked, squeezing her into him; "But since we went there...I'm not particularly fond of those scenes either."

"Thank God for you that they're few and far between," she tilted her head up to look at him; "Meanwhile, every single week when I watch Younger..." She trailed off, raising an eyebrow. The look in her eyes showed that she was messing around with him, but Peter did remember the first time he talked to her about it as she had been a little less receptive than she was being now.

"Do you remember a few months ago when I talked to you about that, the first time - about what they'd have me doing this season?" he chuckled, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. She nodded, a giggle escaping her lips as she remembered back to the conversation she and Peter had, had a few months earlier when they'd been talking about a script for this current season of Younger.

"I remember...and I was not impressed."

*******

March 2018.

It would be great if his wife was laughing it off, joking around like she normally would be when they got a new script. He knew she was happy for him. She was proud of him. She always told him that. She always supported him in everything he did just like he supported her.

But this script...she wasn't impressed.

"Honey, please don't look at me like that," he sighed; "Tell me what you're thinking."

Mariska rolled her eyes as she remained sitting at the island counter in their kitchen. She had read the script over with him and when she saw something regarding a rather steamy scene between her husband's character and the main female character, she hadn't exactly been impressed. It wasn't that she was mad or that she didn't trust him because she did, but what woman would be comfortable with their husband doing all these rather intimate things with another woman - even if it was all fake and for a television show?

Besides, she had been feeling a little insecure lately and so this was not exactly the best thing for her to read about.

"Mariska." Peter sighed. He knew really; he knew how she was feeling lately, and he tried his hardest to make her feel better. He hated the way she was staring at him at the moment; her eyes were narrowed, and she was twirling her hair around her finger.

"What I'm thinking is that I'm not comfortable with husband hugged up with some hot brunette, doing the intimate things with her that he does with me, even though it's obviously not real," she shrugged, tying her hair into a messy top bun; "I'm a hundred percent sure I'm overreacting, but it's just...fuck...I need to get a grip."