8: No Way Out

We all spread a part in the small room and eventually everyone starts to argue about what a cruise ship engine will sound like. It goes on for way longer then it should have and I finally have had enough and yell out "Shut up! Charlie is right, the ship is not moving!"

"The-the boats not moving!" Dennis agrees, knowing I'm right to stop the four hour argument on engine noise.

Dee spits "so, what? No one comes down to say anything like, "Hey, guys, there's something wrong with the ship!""

"No, they've forgotten about us!" Charlie yells "and we're gonna die in here! Oh, my God, I'm freaking out. We got to get out of here." He runs to the door to bang on it "Help! Help!"

I try to get him to relax "calm down, Charlie."

"Help us!" He yells further.

"Charlie!" Dennis also tries to get him to calm down.

He goes on "you got to help!"

Dennis then goes over to him, tapping him on the shoulder "hey! Hey! Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi!"

Charlie eventually responds "Mm, yep, yep, yep."

"Mm. Whoa." Mac responds to this weird interaction.

Dee also comments "Yeah?"

Yep." Dennis goes on "Oi, oi, oi."

Frank questions "what-what was that, dude? You sound like a soccer hooligan."

"Uh, yeah, that's just something I've been doing with Charlie lately when he gets a little wound up" he explains "you know, it seems to work."

"Saying yup, yup, yup?" I question.

Frank replies "oh, that's good. The most important thing for us to do now is to keep our wits together. We got to occupy ourselves."

"Mm-hmm." Dennis nods "why don't we play a few games?"

"No, no!" Dee yells "I just wanted to get away from you guys, just for a few days. Now we're stuck in a box, and you're gonna play some games now? You know what? I'm out."

"What?" I question.

"What the hell do you mean you're out?" Dennis pushes.

"I'm out." She walks to a bench no one else is on "nobody talk to me."

Mac argues her "no, Dee. That's not a very good idea. You know when my dad was in solitary confinement, I used to write to him every day to see how it was. He never wrote back, but if he did, he would've said, "Son, you've got to keep your mind active. Also, I love you."

Dennis tries to hide his chuckle "uh, are you sure he wouldn't say, "Remind me who you are again?"

Everyone but Dee, even myself holler out "Ho!" while laughing.

"that was great!" Frank says, as the same time Charlie says "That was Luther!"

"My-my-my dad knows who I am." Mac argues back. We then try to get Dennis to do impressions, causing Dee to come back to the group to do her own impressions. Once it's decided her impressions are terrible and racist, Dee and I move aside and the other guys all start to pretend to have a meal and then go off on some fighting argument before splitting up and coming back together again. Eventually, we all split up and at some point we spend a few minutes making some crappy music with the shit we have in the small room.

I can't believe how many hours we've been in there, maybe even long enough now to almost be a day. Somehow, Charlie catches something the rest of us miss and he calls out "Hold on, Dee. That-that bench, you opened that bench. What's inside there?"