MIKE'S POV

i was amazed by her braveness. nobody ever stood up to troy before. when she turned away, i called out "madison!". she turned then spoke "call me maddie but what's up?". i hesitated for a moment but said "we are gonna go to the indoor pool at hilton hotel if you'd like to come after your singing practice.". she smiled widely then said "good to know. thanks." then walked away. the boys let out 'ooo's. i whisper yelled "what?". dustin said "well mike, you just invited a girl to a pool.". lucas said "that's gonna be fun but what the hell are we gonna do with the weirdo?". we turned to see el behind us hiding in the bushes. will asked "what's wrong el?". lucas interrupted "el? did you guys give her a nickname or something?". me and will nodded then el spoke "scared.". will held her hand the helped her up. before we left the house after my mom left, i prepared eleven. gave her one of nancy's old dresses and a blonde wig. also did some makeup. will told her what she should do. now she's ready. will said "maybe we could bring her to the pool but she'll sit on the sunbeds, i'll stay with her.". dustin teased "so you like her now?". will blushed then yelled "no! i just wanna help her!". lucas spoke "calm down will. she probably doesn't even understand.". we all looked at el. she really didn't seem like she understood. i said "anyway, let's go to class. we don't wanna be late and el, please  remember what will told you.". she nodded then followed us to class. when we entered the classroom, mr. clarke greeted us then asked "who this young lady might be?". before el could say anything. i spoke "eleanor! my cousin from sweden. she is here to visit us so i thought i could bring her to school with me.". i tried my best to lie so that we didn't get caught. mr. clarke smiled then said "welcome to hawkins eleanor. hope you'll have a good time.". el seemed like she understood what was going on. "thank you.". she spoke quietly. we all went to our seats. suddenly, a girl with ginger hair walked in. she had a skateboard in her hands. i saw dustin and lucas exchanged glances and staring at her. i didn't like how fierce she looked. will didn't seem to be that interested. all of a sudden, el quietly muttered "pretty.". we all looked at her then chuckled. mr. clarke introduced the new girl, maxine but appearantly she likes being called max. she sat down next to el. i became nervous that el could say something wrong. i prayed that she wouldn't.