MADDIE'S POV

i was running to class. i was late, as always. i knocked the door and ran in. mr. clarke said "did you forgot that we had a class again, miss buckingham?". i nodded then forced a smile because i was embarrassed that he called me "miss buckingham". while looking for a place to sit, i saw mike patting the seat next to him. i sat down. he whispered a "hey." then i whispered back. after 10 minutes of class, mike passed a note to my desk. it said hey, still coming to the pool? i smiled then nodded. i really didn't wanted to wear a swimsuit or a bikini. i didn't even owned one so i guess i needed to go with my underwear and bra. by the way, i did notice two un-familiar girls sitting next to each other. one had blonde and the other had ginger hair. they were silently talking. i noticed from the corner of my eye, mike looking at the girls with a worried expression. i ignored it then went back to daydreaming about random things. when the bell rang, i rose up from my seat to the garden to get some fresh air. i walked towards a place that not many people went. it was like a secret place i often visited. i sat down on a bench then started singing again.
don't be cautious, don't be kind
you committed, I'm your crime
push my button anytime
you got your finger on the trigger, but your trigger finger's mine
i lost myself in the music again. it felt amazing.
silver dollar, golden flame
dirty water, poison rain
perfect murder, take your aim
i don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name
the second, i stopped to breath. i was pushed against the ground. it was troy and james behind him. i screamed. he yelled "you think you're so tough now? there's no one to save you now." and whispering the last part. i screamed and struggled to get out of his grip. his hand tightened around my wrists. i was about to kick him but james held my legs. they were much stronger than me. troy pulled out a knife then started cutting my sweater. my screams got louder, begging for help. i was left in my bra. this reminded me of the things my dad did to me. i started crying then sobbing. i couldn't breathe. my vision was slowly turning fuzzy. troy was biting my neck while carressing my chest. james was about to pull my pants down but was stopped by a voice. "troy! get the hell off her or i swear to god, i will destroy you!". troy was off me. i laid still on the ground. i heard them yelling back and forth. suddenly, troy was pushed against a tree. i slowly looked up. the boys and the blonde girl. she was holding her arm up and it seemed like she was the one who pushed troy. james backed up. the girl muttered "go." then threw him to the ground. james pulled troy to his feet then ran. i could still heard their shouts. suddenly, my head was lifted from the ground. it was mike. i mumbled "mike.". he took of his coat and wrapped it around me. he lifted me up then placed me on to the bench. mike yelled "okay el, stay with maddie. we will get the bikes.". the girl crouched in front of me. she asked "why did they hurt you?". i mumbled "it's nothing. he's just a douchebag.". she lifted her eyebrows then mumbled "douchebag?". i chuckled quietly then explained "you know, a jerk.". she nodded then held my hands. i felt something. my whole body was throbbing but when she held me like that. i felt relaxed and better. the boys were back with their bikes. el sat down behind will's and i sat down on mike's. we drove to a house. mike carried me. it was probably his house. then, he placed me on a couch at his basement. mike said "i'll be back with some clean clothes. dustin, bring the supplies.". they both left. i felt so horrible. my whole body was throbbing. it hurt like hell. i felt tears filling my eyes again. but el held my cheek then wiped my new tears. she smiled. i mumbled "smiling looks good on you.". she asked "pretty?". i said while smiling "yeah. pretty, really pretty.". mike came back with clothes and dustin with the supplies to treat me. mike handed me his gray sweatpants and a dark blue sweater. i tried to got up then mike helped me up. i mumbled "some privacy please?". mike stuttered "oh yeah. c'mon boys.". i said "el can stay. we're both girls anyway.". mike nodded then they all went upstairs. i slowly changed out of my sweater, jeans and bra. while changing, el mumbled "pretty.". i blushed then said "thanks.". i wore the clothes. they were soft and comfortable. i sat down onto the couch with el after placing my clothes onto the floor. i asked "what's your real name, el?". she answered "eleanor.". i held up my hand then said "my name is madison. but you can call me maddie.". she repeated "maddie." then shook my hand. her hands were soft yet cold. i asked "how did you do it? to troy.". she looked down and mumbled "power.". i asked "do you have powers?". she nodded. how was that even possible? i thought i was hallucinating but it was real. suddenly, mike called from behind the door "maddie! are you done?". i yelled "yeah!". he came in. he sat down on the floor then asked "where does it hurt?". i looked down then said "my chest.". mike turned red. i said "it's okay if it's you. i don't mind.". mike nodded. lucas, will and dustin turned around. i lifted the sweater shyly. mike put band aids on the scars after cleaning them.". i quickly pulled down the sweater while blushing. mike treated the other wounds on my arms and legs. he asked "do you need anything? we have eggos and milk.". el looked up then said "eggos.". mike said "i'll bring el some eggos, she loves them. you could eat some too.". he went upstairs with will. as i laid on the couch.