Voice Cracks (Yoosung x Reader) (Drabble)

A/N: I know Yoosung's like 20, but don't tell me he doesn't seem like he'd have voice cracks! I do not own Mystic Messenger, any of its characters, or the gif. Enjoy!

"D-Don't worry about it, Yoosung! I think it's adorable!" It took everything you had not to laugh as you tried to comfort the poor, upset boy. 

Yoosung sniffled from where he was curled against your side. "Still..." he trailed off, burying his face into your chest. "Mmm!!!"

"What?" Tilting your head to the side, you looked down at him questioningly, running a hand through his blonde locks. 

Sitting up abruptly, Yoosung pouted, his face inches from yours. "It isn't manly!" 

As you watched the poor boy's blush worsen you couldn't hold back any longer, full-on laughter escaping your compressed lips. He was just so freaking cute!

"(Y/n)!!!" he whined, small tears appearing in the corners of his eyes. "It's not funny! I'm an adult and I'm still getting voice cracks!!!"

"I-I know, I know. I'm sorry for laughing." Cupping his face in your hands, you placed an adoring kiss on his pouting lips. "You're just too cute, you know that?"

"(Y/n)..." 

Before Yoosung turned his purple eyes away, you caught a glimpse of the distress within them, making your laughter cease. 

"I...I don't want you to see me as someone who's just cute. I want you to see me as a man..." Shaking his head, Yoosung tried to get up from the couch. "Sorry, that was stupid. Forget I said th-!"

Grabbing his hand, you pulled Yoosung back down, hugging him close. 

"(Y-Y-Y/n)?!" Yoosung blushed helplessly at the close proximity, his body pressed flush against yours. All you wanted to do was squeal over how adorable he looked, but you knew that would only hurt him even more right now.

"Yoosung, I do see you as a man! You're just really cute too!"

"But (y/n), everyone is always treating me like I'm less than the other guys, and I just..." Yoosung sighed in frustration, his body tense. "It hurts and when everyone finds out I'm getting voice cracks it'll get even worse."

"Yoosung..." Carding a hand through his hair soothingly, you thought for a moment. You knew your cinnamon roll of a boyfriend felt inferior to the other guys a lot, but you had no idea it was affecting him this much. "Yoosung, no one needs to know that your getting voice cracks. It's probably just a temporary thing. And hey, look at me." Holding his face in your hands, your thumbs stroked his cheeks, brushing away the small tears that had escaped his eyes. "You're plenty of a man to me. I'm not with Zen or Jumin or Seven, am I? I'm with you, Yoosung. I love you the way you are, voice cracks or not!"

Yoosung stared at you, eyes wide and watery as he processed your words. After a few seconds he nuzzled into the palm of your hand, lips brushing your pulse. "(Y/n)...I love you too. So much." Leaning forward, he kissed you softly, lovingly. "Thank you...I'm sorry you have to deal with me."

"Yoosung, don't worry about it! I'm your girlfriend, it's what I do!"

"Okay-!" Yoosung's hands flew up to his mouth, eyes wide, as the note of his voice shot up, cracking. 

Laughter wracked your body, a few giggles escaping your lips. "Y-You okay?" 

Yoosung's only response was to groan and bury his head in your chest once more, his arms wrapping around you tightly. 

Smiling, you rubbed circles into his back, petting his head gently. Yoosung may not have been the most masculine guy, but you wouldn't have him any other way. You loved your adorable boyfriend more than anything.

A/N: I promise there'll be a real chapter update soon. Hope you enjoyed this little bit of Yoosung-ness!^^