2 - Sleepwalkers

Thank you GoreBabe 
for being an amazing co-writer!!

THUMP....THUMP........THUMP..

Eddie Kaspbrak slowly opened his eyes and stared out into the darkness filling his room. A yawn crept up his throat and forced him to comply. He blinked slowly and turned his head toward the sound of the noise.

THUMP...THUMP.......THUMP..

"What the hell" he whispered to himself. He reached over to the lamp on his nightstand and turned it on. Light filled the dorm room. The alarm clock showed 3:33 a.m. He looked at the door and watched as his roommate and best friend, Bill, continued to clumsily hit against the door with a weakly closed fist. "Bill?" Eddie carefully walked over and rested his hand on Bill's shoulder. Eddie carefully turned him around and looked at the boy's sleeping face. "Since when have you started sleepwalking?" he sighed. 

Bill stumbled a bit and in slow motion fell forward into Eddie. Luckily, Eddie was able to catch him before they both would end up crashing to the tiled floor. Another sigh blew heavily from Eddie's lips as he guided Bill back to bed. Bill fell over onto the mattress and curled back up into his regular sleeping position. Eddie tucked him back in and then walked toward his own bed.

THUMP...THUMP...THUMP!

Eddie jumped and turned his head. The noise came from the door. Bill was still in bed. Someone must have heard Bill's attempts to escape. Eddie shrugged then walked over to the door and carefully unlocked it. He opened it up and a crisp coldness crept over his body.

There Mike stood. His eyes open but lack of expression. His body slouched forward and his breathing stayed steady. Eddie's eyebrow slowly raised as he looked over Mike's sleeping body. Eddie carefully grabbed Mike's arm and led him back toward his room. His door was still wide open. 

Just a few minutes passed before Eddie got Mike back into bed and tucked him in. He looked over at Stan who was still fast asleep. Confusion filled his mind but he tried to shake any thoughts away. He walked back out of their room, shut the door, and walked back toward his own.

He quietly closed the door and climbed back into bed. He turned out his light and rolled over with a content sigh. Just as his eyes started to close, he could hear movement in Bill's bed. He stayed quiet and listened. The rustling of the blankets followed by the sound of a bare foot coming into contact with a tiled floor answered Eddie's questioning thoughts. Eddie sighed heavily, rolled back over, and turned on his light.

"Bill" he hissed. As soon as the lights turned on, his body froze. Bill stood to face Eddie. His eyes rolled into the back of his head. His head tilted to the side lazily and his mouth hung open. "B-Bill?" Eddie slowly got out of bed and reached out for his roommate. Just as his hand touched Bill's bare shoulder, Bill's body convulsed and he fell to the floor. Eddie jumped and tried to catch him to no avail. 

THUMP..THUMP..THUMP..THUMP..

The sound was more aggressive and quicker than before. Eddie's eyes shot up to the door then he shook his head and looked down at Bill. Bill's body had stilled and his breathing seemed normal. Eddie tried to lift Bill back into bed but soon gave up and slid a pillow under his head and covered him up on the floor.

THUMP...

"Oh my god!" Eddie hissed. He took the few steps that needed to be made to his dorm room door. He threw it open and his breathing instantly hitched deep in his throat. His heart skipped a beat. Mike, Stan, Richie, Ben, and many of the other boys from the floor traveled aimlessly around the halls. Mike stammered from side to side slightly. Eddie reached out to help him stand. As soon as his hand aimed outward, Mike's body hunched. He gagged and heaved before a thick black tar poured from his mouth and covered Eddie's hand along with the floor beneath them.

Eddie screeched and fell backward. His eyes grew wide and terror flooded his small body. He stared at the black tar covering his hand and his stomach twisted. He hunched over to get sick....

... Eddie jolted upright in bed and stared around the dark room. He quickly turned on the light. Sweat gathered in small beads along his forehead and his body trembled. The room was normal. Bill was fast asleep in bed. He sighed softly in relief and reached out for the lamp again to turn it out. Instead of seeing his own lightly-tanned hand, his hand was covered in black tar. 

He stared at it for a second before slowly turning his head. Bill sat straight up in bed, his face facing Eddie. His eyes rolled to the back of his head. 

Sickness overcame Eddie and his mind grew fuzzy.. 

The alarm clock still showed - 3:33am.

THUMP...

THUMP...

THUMP!