17 - Red Quarry

The group of seven losers decided camping at the local quarry would be fun. They visit there quite a lot but never stayed the full night. So, they all agreed to do it. One large tent and a bunch of snacks for the night. 

They arrived around noon. They set up their tent and Stan got things ready for a bonfire for later that night. They spent their time laughing and eating together. But one fun day turned sad.

Richie ran to the cliff and stripped to his underwear. He grinned at the others.

"Come on losers! We're jumping!" He called out.  

"We really shouldn't!" Mike responded. "They're saying the water level is lower than usu-" Mike didn't have time to finish. Richie jumped without them. The others ran to the edge of the cliff.

Seconds went by. Richie didn't resurface. 

"Come on Richie! This isn't funny!" Mike yelled down to the water. Again, nothing. The others hurried down a safer route then got in hurriedly. They swam around under the surface, searching for Richie. But they couldn't find him. 

After swimming back to the surface, they looked at each other with fear and sadness filling their eyes. They all got out of the water, cried together, and called the police. The police worked as if they weren't even there. They dragged the lake and what they brought up was something more terrifying than they had planned.

Instead of one body, seven were taken out of that lake.

Eddie, Mike, Stan, Ben, Beverly, and Bill all watched as their bodies were taken out of the water. They exchanged glances then found Richie wrapping his arms around Eddie and Mike from behind.

"Well, fuck" Richie mumbled.  "Guess we shouldn't have come today, huh?"