19 - The Walk of Scares

"I hate these things" Stan sighed heavily. He walked alongside Mike who had a big goofy smile on his face.

"How can you hate scare walks? It's Halloween! This is the time for spooks!" Mike sounded nerdy. It kinda made Stan grin but he quickly hid it by rolling his eyes and shooting a playful glare Mike's way. 

"I hate it because of the spooks" Stan grumbled. Just as he said it, a little girl all dressed in white to represent a ghost along with her pale complexion, jumped out and screamed at Stan and Mike. They both jumped back before Mike started laughing. Stan groaned and walked past the little ghost girl. "Not cool!"

"Good job little child" Mike complimented the actress before running to catch up with Stan. A sound of a running chainsaw came from just ahead within the trees. A woman's scream followed before it was cut off. Hysterical laughing followed before mysterious liquid, stuff to represent blood, splattered out from just behind the next tree. Droplets landed on Stan and Mike's clothes and skin.

Stan whined and pushed Mike to lead, hoping he'd be hidden enough behind Mike to avoid anything else coming their way. He was wrong. Minutes later a woman walked up behind Stan and screeched just behind his head. Stan yelled in freight, causing Mike to laugh again.

"This is the worst thing you've forced me to do!" Stan complained. Mike just gave him a smirk. The woman ran off. 

They passed creepy little demon girls, very realistic ghosts, and murderers showing off their weapons and victims. 

"You have to admit, they did such an amazing job. Look at that dead body over there! It looks so real" Mike whispered to Stan. Stan looked over at it and made a disgusted face.

"Looks too real" Stan mumbled back. Mike rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around Stan's shoulders. Stan rolled his eyes too but let a little grin show through. 

Then, a little girl held out a plate from the side of the path.

"Hiya misters! Want my finger foods?" she giggled and batted her eyes. A snack that looked like realistic tiny fingers rested on the plate.

"Are we supposed to actually take this?" Mike muttered softly, knowing the actors weren't supposed to break character. Then the girl grabbed one of the snacks, shoved it in Mike's mouth, and giggled harder. Mike ate the realistic looking finger, forcing it down with a disgusted face. "Th-Thanks" he gagged before pushing Stan further along the path. "Ugh I don't even wanna know what those were made of"

Screaming came from deep within the woods behind them. They came from people who were after them in the line for the walk. Mike and even Stan started to chuckle. Red and blue lights were up ahead, catching both of the boys' attention.

"Bet the cops are going to be dead" Stan guessed. Mike nodded in agreement. They walked up past the cop cars that were crashed into the trees. A man was busy stabbing one of the corpses with a large chef's knife. The man quickly turned around and looked at Mike and Stan before he dashed after them.

Stan was the first to take off, running along the path. Mike followed, laughing hard and also giving off little squeaks of terror. The boys continued running before a cop jumped out from behind a tree and shot the man. The man fell dead and Stan shivered in fear. Mike just laughed, holding his stomach.

"Are you two okay? What are you laughing for?" The cop asked, his tone sounding serious. 

"Oh fine! Just fine!" Mike waved at him, going along with the act. Stan just stood holding himself, checking out the dead murderer with a bullet hole between his eyes.

"You two need to get out of here, now" the cop gently grabbed both of their arms and ushered them to his car that was blocking the path. 

"Is this part of the scare walk?" Stan asked Mike. 

"Scare walk?" The cop asked, raising an eyebrow. "That's what this is advertised as?" 

"Uhh.. Yeah?" Mike asked. "Groups came in before us and there's a group behind us" Mike muttered. Worry started to overcome him. "You're acting really well"

"Son, I'm not an actor" he whipped out a legitimate badge and showed it to the two boys. "There are real killers in these woods, you two need to get in the car now" the cop hurried them in then got in and got on the radio to contact backup.  Mike and Stan stared at each other with big eyes, their jaws dropped. "We need more help down here at the Muller woods. The groups coming in need to be stopped. We now know why all these teens are out here" the cop rambled on.

Stan slowly looked down at himself at the blood on his body. He started to shake. Mike looked at him and slowly raised an eyebrow.

"This is real blood, Mike" He whispered. Mike looked down at himself and his jaw trembled. Tears formed in his eyes.

"W-Was that a real finger I ate back there?" he suddenly felt worse than he did before. He clutched his stomach. "I'm going to be sick"