FORTY TWO

Isn't he so adorable?

Calum's P.O.V

"Calum, I swear to God," Scotty exasperates. "If you don't stop we'll be late to your birthday dinner."

"All I need for my birthday is you," I mutter, and she tilts her head to the side with a fond smile. "All I need in life is you."

"Even though I want to hear you tell me how much you love me over and over till the end of time, this really isn't the time."

She turns to the mirror and lifts her hands up to the back of her neck where she ties her dress into a bow for the third time. I have undone it the previous two times she's tied it.

I walk up to stand right behind Scotty and through the mirror I lock eyes with her. "I could do that, you know. I would tell you till the end of time."

She lets her hands fall to her sides and she leans back into my body. My arms slip around her waist and I squeeze her closer as my lips attach to her bare shoulder. Her eyes fall close.

"You look gorgeous."

"I know what you're trying to do," she hums. "It's not going to work."

"I just want you." I nuzzle my face into the crook of her neck and she places her hands over mine. "I have something I need to tell you."

"I think you can stand to save it for a few hours. It's just one evening out, Calum. Plus, birthday sex is already one of the things planned for later tonight."

I lift my head up. "Can't I cash it in now?"

"No." She stands her ground and turns to face me, and I want so badly for her to just let me undo the ribbon one more time and let her dress fall to the floor. "Not that I don't want to."

She raises her hand up to my face to cup my jaw and lets her thumb move across my lower lip. In what I assume is an attempt to quench the desperately thirsty look which I know my face is holding for at least a few hours she pushes up on her toes and her lips touch mine. As one of my hands instantly gets lost in her curled hair, hers agonizingly slowly runs up along my chest, and I can feel her fingers move over my muscles through the black dress shirt I am wearing.

When she goes to stand down flat on her feet I lean forward in an effort not to break the kiss and I feel her smile against my lips. She pulls away completely and places a firm hand flat against my chest when I go in for another go. "No no. We are going downstairs and then we are going to dinner with Mali and Stefan."

"All right," I huff. "But I won't enjoy a second of it."

"Rude."

"It's your fault," I shrug with a silly grin. I lean in close to her ear, my breath tickling against her skin. "Last one down is a big fat loser."