Volume 5

Najida flushed in embarrassment, then forced on a smile as she remembered her company. She had been discussing with some elders and her advisors about what to do considering the unusual circumstances concerning Tack. She gently led him out of the dark tent. With a subtle movement, guards followed them to the oasis.

Normally only I can go and bathe in here, but since, well…

She stuttered, deeply flushed, and her hands wringed together. Instinctively, Tack put his hand on her shoulder, jolting Najida into reality. Tack started to quietly speak,

I get it, I honestly thank you for being so kind to me, I am assuming the guards are for my protection?

Najida relaxed, it seemed like Tack was beginning to understand that she wasn't trying to trap him.

Yes, after I finish my meeting with the elders and my advisors, well I mean if you want to stick around for it... I will not object, I can better explain what I do there.

She gestured to the guards once again, they set down various bottles on a luxurious rug, and two comfy robes. She started wildly gesturing to Tack as she spoke,

I-I figured that it would seem confusing to you what all of these bottles do and how to use them...so…

She inhaled, not meeting Tack’s big eyes.

I figured I would...h-help you... I wouldn't stare, I think, you can change first and get in, there is no wildlife in there, so you don't have to worry about that!

She was jittery and she stomped a good distance away from him, back turned. Tack was blushing, but understood that she meant only the best, and he could bathe on his own after this one time. So he took off his new clothing carefully, realizing that all of the guards had turned their backs similar to Najida. He quickly got in, the cold water a welcome contrast to the desert heat. He hesitantly called to Najida,

I won't look, you can come over now.

Good on his word, he turned away. Najida quickly stripped, padded to the edge of the oasis, and made it behind Tack. She whispered in his ear,

It's me, Najida. Don't turn around, can you hold your breath for a bit? I need you to put your head underwater so your hair is wet.

He gave a shaky inhale, sucked in as much air as he could before shutting his mouth and eyes. He put his head underwater until his hair felt super wet. Poking his head back up gasping for air, his hair shone from the sunset, water, and hair oil. (Hey, never having a bath makes your hair super oily, what can I say?)