8.

It was the night of a waxing crescent. 

The boys eyes flew open.

He was blinded by the lights above him and put his hand over his face, and slowly removed them and seeing the tiled ceilings. 

"Hey he woke up." 

He heard and jumped up. 

His uncle looked at him smiling from a door in the room. The boy began to look around the room like a panicked chicken. 

He saw the needles in his arm and his breathing came on hard.

He felt a held hold his arm. And turned his hand to see his aunt. His midnight black haired aunt held his arm and he felt the tip of her acrylic nails touch him.

"Hey hey, it's okay honey calm down it's alright. You're in the hospital."

He stared at her and looked back around the room.

And he finally noticed the bruising on his arm as his aunt held him by. 

"You're okay." He heard her said and pass her hand over his hair. 

The boys insides were turning all over again and he saw his uncle walk back into the room, not having noticed he even left, with Melissa and Andy and their parents coming behind him.

The boy sat up in his bed and felt a sharp pain come off multiple parts of his body.

"Buddy don't move too fast, you're gonna be in some pain for a while." The uncle said walked over to the boy and fixing the sheets over him. He looked up at him and he smiled down at him. 

The boys throat felt like it was on fire and he felt like his limbs were slipping off.

"You were out for some time there." Andy's mother said. The boy looked down at Andy as he stood next to Melissa. Her hair was in pigtails and she stayed staring at the boy. Her eyes looked the same as they did when she stared at him in school but this time her lips were smiling. 

The boy looked down at his feet outline under his sheets and swallowed the bit of saliva in his throat.

"He's thirsty." Melissa's mother said, turning away from him to a water fountain under the room television. 

He stared at her doing him the nice gesture and he stared at her gleamed fingers gesturing the cup of water to him. 

"Here you go kiddo." 

The uncle took the water and slowly brought it to his trembling hands. He grasped it tight and began gulping away.

"He was really thirsty." Melissa's mom exclaimed and they all smiled. The boy looked at them all and knew they were real ones. They were real smiles.