Winter's Battle

Launching himself at the moving vehicle, he lands on the roof of the car with no regard to the force shaking his body, crushing the roof with the impact. Shattering the side window, he reached inside the car, grabbed the man by his jacket, and pulled him through the window, vaguely listening to the man's screams as the man's body flew through the air. The screams abruptly halted the same time a truck horn sounded. But he had no time to think about the sickening crunch of bones that he swore he could hear even as the car he was attached to barreled down the highway, swerving left and right in an attempt to shake him loose. Hydra's loose end is gone and now begins the mission.

Kneeling on top of the car, he pulled out his gun and fired three quick shots, each one missed their target because of her. He grimaced in frustration behind his mask but he didn't have time to take a breathe before the car slammed to a halt, sending his body flying through the air. However, no scream erupted from his mouth. Twisting his body and turning to soften the impact, he dug his left arm into the ground, the asphalt crumbling beneath his hand, to slow his movement. Rising with a predator-like grace, he watched unafraid as the red-haired target hastily pulled her gun, aiming at him seconds before Hydra's hummer barreled into the back of the stationary car, forcing the car closer to where he stood.

Body tensing in anticipation, he waited until he could almost feel the metal of the car brushing his body before flinging his body upward, turning in midair to force his hand into the roof to secure himself, his body banging against the car. Getting up and sending his metal arm through the thin roof, he latched onto the steering wheel, rips it off the steering column, and chunks it behind him. Quickly dodging the bullets being fired under him, he jumped onto the Hydra car behind him and held on with ease as they speed into the damaged car like a batter ram until it slammed into the concrete barriers and flipped. The targets dropped out of the spinning vehicle and sliding down the highway on the vibranium shield.

Briskly, he hopped off the Hydra vehicle and roughly grabbed the grenade launcher offered to him. Pressing it to his shoulder, he aimed and fired at the blond man scrambling to his feet, pushing the redhead out of the way and lifting up his shield. The grenade impacted on the shield with a deafening explosion and the force sent the blond man hurtling off the bridge like a firework, bouncing off a car and into a bus down below.

Turning back to the remaining targets on the bridge, he marched forward as the backup squad wasted ammunition, firing their weapons in rapid succession, on the well-protected targets hiding behind abandoned cars. He only fired his weapon when the redhead popped her head over the car to fire her own weapon, the grenade exploding behind her to force her out of hiding. For such a high level, skilled target, she couldn't seem to land a shot. Jumping over the concrete barrier between the two roads and dodging bullets, her red hair flying behind her as she sprinted behind a car he had just fired at. The explosion knocked her off the bridge but he had no doubts that she survived the fall.

Tossing his empty weapon aside, he snatched another weapon from the man standing beside him and made his way to the edge of the bridge. Raising his weapon and scanning the area below, he saw no movement from his targets, as if they had just vanished but they would show themselves soon. Aiming the weapon at the gas tank of an overturned bus, he planned to draw them out so they could help the citizens inside when—

A brute force from below snapped his head back and sent him stumbling. Ripping off his goggles, a crack on one side made him realize what that shocking blow was. She shot him. Letting them fall to the ground and striding to the bridge edge, he growled, blindly firing below him but she wasn't there. She had taken cover by an electrical truck. He let her run away. His partner will chase her soon enough.

"У Стикса есть ее. Найти его." Styx has her. Find him.

Bracing himself, he leaped off the bridge and landed heavily on a car below, glass and scraps of metal scattering beneath him. Hopping off the car, his boots landing with a solid "thud", he turned toward the shadows under the bridge where he knew she would be, waiting.

"Ты планировал ее остановить?" Were you planning on stopping her?

"Вы были в порядке. Сделать убийственный выстрел под этим углом невозможно." You were fine. Making a kill shot at that angle was impossible.

With the bridge providing cover, his mask and goggles being bullet-resistant, she was correct but he was thrown off by the sheer level of uncomfortableness he felt realizing how callous she was being with his life. She sounded angry, her voice cold as ice and her face as dark as the shadows surrounding her. The shadows tightened around her, responding to her emotions. He didn't know what set her off but now was not the time to focus on it.

So he shook her off and dismissed her. "Позаботься о ней." Take care of her.

The dangerous glint in her eye, the feral grin that spread across her face would have disturbed anyone but him.

"С удовольствием." With pleasure.

Emerging from her shadows, she looked every bit of a demon of death as she stalked down the street after the fleeing redhead, who was almost out of sight. It was of no consequence. No one could escape Styx now that she was on the hunt, the predator after her prey.