4

4

When it came to meeting loads of potential snobs, the last thing on your list to wear would be a baggy t-shirt, converse and a pair of jeans. Well, I didn't have anything fancy to wear and I refused for Liam to take me shopping for something worthy. He had tried persuading me but I insisted that I would rather wear casual wear and stick out for who I was than blend in being someone who I wasn't.

We spent the time prior to his party preparing food and mucking around like we were three again. Honestly, it allowed me to feel a lot more comfortable around him and I hoped that he felt the same way for me. When the doorbell rang, signifying the first guest had arrived, I literally jumped out of my skin. I was nervous -- but I had to reason to be.

Liam chuckled, obviously noticing my reaction, "I'll get it." I nodded, hiding behind the corner as he opened it to petite female, with a dimple popping her left cheek. Her hair was half-up, half-down and it strangely suited her a lot. She then went onto her tippy-toes and pulled Liam into a brief hug.

"It's been a while, hasn't it, Hemsworth?" She giggled, walking down the hallway with her purse swaying side to side. I gulped, revealing myself before she had chance to bump into me.

"Miley, this is Ariana," Liam explained, gesturing over to the girl, "Ariana, this is Miley." I allowed myself to glance at the tanned female, her brown eyes gave me a sympathetic look as she smiled. There was something about her that made her seem so lovable so I knew that she wasn't one of those people that were obsessed with themselves. 

"It's nice to meet you, Miley."

I cracked a nervous grin, "You too." Compared to me, she was classy. Like, real classy. Her hair was perfect, her dress was flawless and she wore high heels. Whereas I was just a disorganized mess all around to sum it up quickly. The corners of Ariana's lips tugged sweetly then she wandered into the living room. Once she was gone, another guest arrived. Considering that Liam had attended to the previous visitor, I decided that it was best for me to answer this one.

A man in a striped black and white suit was on the other side of the door. There were bags under his blue eyes and the expression he gave sent blurred lines through my spine. In one hand, he held what seemed to be a bottle of vodka while in the other, there was a stash of money. He didn't even introduce himself to me. Instead, he carefully slipped himself through, which allowed me to see who was behind him. 

There was a short mixed race man with a bowler hat, a slim woman with bleach blonde hair and... Selena Gomez.

"Imagine meeting you here," Selena chuckled, pulling me into a hug, "We haven't seen each other in ages." I shivered at her touch. After all, she had denied me a place to stay. I came to her desperate and she refused me. Right now, I wasn't sure how to respond exactly but I decided to let it slip for the sake of everyone.

"Yeah, I know, where's Justin?" Instantly, I regretted the words. Her rounded face dropped and she stared at her feet, almost pitying herself.

"It didn't end well so I guess I will have no choice but to move on." I patted her back soothingly, realizing that there was moisture in her pitch black eyes. Love was unfair to everyone and it messed us all up in the long-run. Inside, she must have felt wrecked so I was impressed about how strong she had been. She loved him but sometimes, not everything was meant to work out perfectly.

--

A blond Irish boy batted his eyelashes at me, "Tell us more about yourself."

"Yeah please, I haven't seen you around before!" His friend chimed in. I laughed, and he ran his fingers through his curly hair.

"My favourite cereal is Lucky Charms, I was born left-handed but I was forced to use my right hand by my father, I am scared of spiders, my favourite snacks are cashew nuts and cookie dough, is that enough for you, Niall?" I rambled, laughing to myself. The boys chuckled, and Niall poured another glass and handed it to me. I glugged it down and we all started hiccuping.

This evening had been great, socializing with Liam's friends. It turned out that I already knew some of them like Selena and Demi but I definitely had met some new people such as Niall and his four friends. They all seemed so friendly, which is why I didn't understand why I had been so concerned about meeting them a few hours ago. I fitted in well, and I didn't feel that lonely.

I smiled to myself, thinking that everything was shaping into something perfect.

A voice calling my name woke me up from my thoughts, "Hey! You gonna dance or not?" Snapping out of my thoughts completely, I saw the man I had greeted at the door. He still held the vodka bottle but now it was half empty. I shuddered as he drew closer to me and I could literally smell the sour stench of alcohol radiating off of him.

My eyebrows furrowed, "Sorry, but who are you?" Earlier, he had acted as if I didn't even exist and now he wanted to dance? Maybe he was drunk but still, his rudeness didn't excuse it. I had always been passionate about things like this so I wasn't keen to give in to him. In response to me, he groaned and I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

Liam. I smiled. It was the first time I had seen him properly since the party had started. He wore the same expression he had at the beginning of the party and he stroked his chin, sending daggers at the Beetle Juice man.

"Robin, go away," he said calmly to my stalker. Once he had retreated, Liam turned all of his attention to me again, "Having fun? Ms Maid?" 

Rolling my eyes, I couldn't help but giggle a bit at him, "Yeah, yeah." 

"I hope you have as much fun cleaning this mess up tomorrow morning." Liam winked and stuck his tongue out. My eyes trailed across the floor, which was now littered in empty cans, confetti and ripped clothes, causing me to mentally sigh. Well, serving him was the reason I was here, right? There wasn't anything additional to it. I was here to maintain the house, nothing extra.

"I'll make sure I do." My enthusiasm made him smirk and he disappeared for the rest of the evening.