Chapter II

"She is really nice." Violet said.

"She is also our new friend." John chimed in.

"Well I'm glad you two like her because our family, and your family John are going to have a big dinner in our house on the lake and invite them over."

"Cool" Violet said, "we can go swimming right?"

"Of course you can." Victoria responded. "Oh and John, your mom wanted you to help her make brownies to bring."

"Okay. Maybe we can bring our homework, of organizing everything for the beginning of the year, to the lake and do it with Natasha since she is new around and isn't used to the system." John said.

"Great idea John. Also, since the system for organizing is the same one as in middle school. So it is familiar to us." Violet agreed.

So John went home to help his mom and get ready for the dinner. The Zequela's and Mongoli's road down to Aqua Lake together and set up for the dinner. At 5:00 p.m. Natasha and her parents came up to the house. Natasha's mom was named Talia and her dad was named Hunter. The parents chatted and the kids worked on the organization they had to do for school.

"Since we are done with our schoolwork now we should go out to the lake. There are three paddleboards in the shed. It's just a five minute walk to the shed so let's go get them." Violet said.

So the three friends went to the shed to grab the paddleboards and headed out for the lake. The friends played in the lake for an hour and a half, then came in to rinse off before dinner. As the parents chatted, John and Violet came to know more about Natasha while she came to know more about them.

The school year continued and before the friends new it it was winter break. Violet's mom and dad agreed to let Violet stay down at the lake house for the weekend and Natasha was staying at the house too. John got to stay at the house too. The lake was frozen and it was snowing outside. Violet, John, and Natasha were at the house on the lake watching the snowfall onto the ground.

"Do you guys want some hot chocolate?" Violet asked her friends.

"Sure" Natasha and John responded in sync.

So Violet made three cups of hot chocolate and sat back down at the dining room table with her friends. The friends were chatting when the phone rang. It was Violet's mom saying her cousins from Seattle arrived at their house. It was perfect timing for them to arrive since it was the last day the friends were staying at the lake house. Natasha went back to the cabin and Violet and John went back to the mountain. John went to his house and Violet went to hers. The rest of the break Violet spent with her cousins.

School was a busy time and the three friends were paired together for a science project. They got paired together for other projects too. John, Violet and Natasha would hangout over the weekend. One afternoon, Natasha asked John and Violet if she could tell them something she doesn't tell most people. It was then that they found out that Natasha had a cousin that she hadn't met.