Chapter 33: hesitant

Bucky woke up before you. He sat up in bed and stared at his dresser. He got up and opened his dresser and looked at that red velvety box. He opened it up and stared at the beautiful ring.

He heard you stir and you got up. You blinked softly and looked at hi, by his dresser. Bucky quickly out the box backs be grabbed a pair of socks.

He returned to the bed and put on the socks he grabbed. You groggily sat up and wrapped your arms around his waist resting your head against his back.

" morning sweets"

" morning babe"

He leaned back and let you rest your head on his shoulder, he looked to the side and saw your face. You leaned in and gave him a kiss on his lips.

He sat back up and you scooted closer to him. You then crawled over to him and sat on his lap. You looked at him Yu knew something was up but you didn't know what.

" is there something that your not telling me?" You asked

He looked up and furrowed his brows confused. He cocked his head slightly.

" what do you mean?"

" your acting weird, your more skid-ish than usual, and your quote jumpy"

" I guess nightmares are keeping me on high alerts, i guess I'm just frightened easily"

He knew very well that was a lie and he hated himself for lying to you but he had too. You just cuddled up to him more. You felt bad for him not knowing he was lying.

You got a call and so you looked to your phone.

" fury called me, guess I'm going on a mission"

You kissed him on the cheek and left the room pulling on your suit.

" love you"

And you left the room your suit on and headed for should headquarters.

(Now it's gonna be focused on Bucky since your out)

It had been 2 hours since you left. He paced back and forth around his room staring deeply at a piece of paper that was crumpling in his grip. His grip was so tight into the piece of paper it could just rip.

" y/n, you are the love of my life, I love you deeply and I couldn't do anything with out you" he mumbled to himself. He groaned after his said it. He crumpled the paper into a ball and tossed it across the room.

The paper ball rolled slightly to the big mound of other crumpled pieces of paper. He sat on his head and groaned aloud again.

" what am I ever gonna do? It sound so cheesy, so cliche, even that word makes me sick"

He fell back onto the bed and stared to the ceiling.

" what if she says no?"

Every situation played out in his head, all the negative ones. You would get excited then realize the commitment then say no. You would say no immediately. You would hesitate then say no.

All of this negativity that played in his mind wand him to cry. He couldn't bare to live a life without you. He would hate himself if you died or left him.

He got up and stared at the velvety box. And just then you opened his door. He quickly slid the box into his pocket and leaned against his dresser.

You didn't notice the piles of paper on the floor, you looked to him and smiled.

" hey baby!"

He smiled widely

" hey doll"

He still clutched onto the ring box in his pocket until you went in for a hug. As you reached out for a hug he opened his arms. He reals see the box into his pocket and picked you up.

He twirled you around and then once your feet hit the floor he showered you with kisses.  You giggled and looked to him slightly confused,

" what's got you so lovey dovey"

He clutched onto the ring box again daring to propose but he let go of it. He smiled at you.

" it's because I missed you"

He gave you another kiss

" anything else?~" you said with a sly grin on your face.

" ok then you caught me, he raised his hand above his head, I'm gonna take you for dinner tomorrow at 6" he smiled brightly

" oh"

" yes it's our what 5 year anniversary?"

You nodded your head.

" I thought you forgot"

" I would never ... Forget" he gave a slight pause which you caught

" why did you pause?"

" because, I forgot what I was going to say because I got lost in your eyes" he said being playful. You playfully tried to nip at him and gave a slight growl.

" sly Bucky" you then walked to the bathroom " I'm gonna have a shower k!"

" ok"

As you entered the bathroom he slowly took the ring out of his pocket. He put it back into his drawer but at they back. He sat on his bed.

The real reason why he paused, why he was skid-isn, why he wasn't acting his normal self was because he wanted to propose to you. He so badly wanted to but only thought of the worse.

The reason he hasn't done it was because

He

Was

Hesitant,

Scared you might

Run away