Afterword

Writing this book was not easy. Although, I'd created the characters, I had to figure out what they would do and how they would meet each other. Choosing the locations wasn't an easy task either. I had a jigsaw puzzle on my hand. I just had to connect them with each other so that they'd form a meaningful story. Sounds pretty easy right? Well, it isn't. First of all, you may think up of something and it may sound good inside your head. But, when you write it out, it may not turn out to be what you imagined. You'd get stuck. Which I did. A lot. I would think "What should I write next? What should I write to make this story more interesting?" Then, I would get the moment of clarity. I'd start writing what came to my mind. After that, when I read my chapters, things turned out to be pretty good. At times, I used to think that I'm going nowhere with what I'm writing. The chapter didn't make sense to me at all. So, I'd start from scratch and rewrite the whole chapter again, which helped me a lot. It would put a lot of new ideas in my brain which weren't there before. Let's come to the characters now. When I was thinking up my protagonist Sarah, I wanted her to come out as a strong willed individual, which she did. At the same time, I wanted her to come out as a normal everyday teen who loved listening to music and played games. That's why I decided to include her many mishaps of the past. Like, the one in which she rides her bike down the stairs, falls down and breaks her teeth. I had a different idea in mind when I thought up of Aaron and John. I wanted them to be complete opposites of each other. So, that's what I did. John was more confident in talking to others, while Aaron was more self-conscious and shy. He liked spending time alone all by himself while John loved to spend time with his friends. Now, you may ask why I chose New York as a location. Well, I've always wanted to write a romance story based in New York. That's why. Plus, choosing New York as the location gave me lot of locations where I could make specific scenes of the story happen. Let me tell you that all of the scenes aren't the same as the original ones. For example, let's take the scene of Sarah's. In the book, John took her to the Empire State Building. But, that wasn't the original idea. Originally, John and Sarah were supposed to go to a amusement park in the evening where, they would have their first kiss sitting inside a Ferris wheel.

I would like to thank my friends who were there with me at each step of the journey and who helped me a lot at times of distress. I love you guys! You are the best!