AN: This chapter is going to be a little slow, but that's because it's a filler. However, it was needed to get to know our mc better. I'll say it once and I'll say it again, but this chapter is unedited and if you see mistakes or a hole, feel free to comment or message me. Thanks for reading!!

Turns out my lovely snake slithered her way around my shower head. I should really put a lock on her cage.

After cleaning her mess and putting her back into her home, I walk around my house for a few minutes, checking this and that. I fix small things like pillows on the couch or putting my candles back on their shelves. I don't know what it is about organization, but it helps me focus. Not that I have much to focus on.

The dogs are coming tomorrow, so I make sure that the floors are vacuumed and the basket of toys that I've slowly accumulated is all put together.

After I've finished, I smile and stand in my living room, admiring my work. Pothos and ivy plants hang in corners and off of shelves, candles and salt lamps giving depth to little nooks and crannies. Gaia's tank resides on top of a bookshelf that I turned on its side to hold my collection of vinyls and books. Sunlight pours in through the large windows that proved to be the largest pro when deciding on this house. I grin as my eyes roll over the light grey walls, bringing back the memory of Kade helping me do the paint job. Well, more like I did the painting and he told me where I missed spots or threw goldfish at me while he watched.

I shake my head with a soft smile at the memory and fish my phone out of my pocket to turn on the same playlist from this morning, the soothing tones of Childish Gambino flooding softly through my house as I head to my bedroom. I decide to treat myself (for nothing) to a nice nap, so I strip down and pull a sweatshirt that I stole from Kade over my head before throwing myself into my bed. I promptly curl up into my duvet and bury my face into my silk pillowcase, the music lulling me to sleep.

.

.

.

I'm woken up by the sound of my phone chiming, letting me know that I have a text. I would ignore it, but I'm too paranoid that it's an emergency, so there would be no chance of getting back to sleep.

If it was an emergency, wouldn't they call you?

Well, they could be- Stop arguing with yourself, you know what you mean!

With a grumble of frustration at myself, I disentangle myself from the burrito I seemed to wrap myself up in my sleep. I stand in the middle of my room for a second, trying to gather up my thoughts enough to remember where I set my phone.

After doing the fucking Macarena in my bed to search for it amongst my sheets, the reminder alert chimes, and the lit-up screen catches my eye...from my nightstand. Before I have a chance to reprimand myself, I snatch it up and read the message that managed to cause me so much trouble.

Kade:

Hey you piece of trash, you should come to see the band play at The Turtle. Starts at 8:00, b there or b square.

I scoff after reading and laugh softly, deciding to leave him on read for the insult, no matter how playful it might have been. He knows I wouldn't pass up the option to come to his show though, I never do.

The turtle is a nice little bar that is conveniently close to my house, so as I decide what to wear, I take into consideration the chilly weather that I'm going to be walking there in. I have a couple of hours to get ready, but with nothing else really happening in my life at the moment, I don't mind taking my time to get a little dressed up.