AN: Alright guys, this chapter is going to be a little shorter than normal, but by the time you read this, I'll be working on the next one for ya. We've got the most handsome Kade above, and a song that fits the mood. Just so you guys know, when I post songs for chapters, they probably aren't going to fit the chapter's events perfectly. Sometimes they set the mood, or they're a song listened to in the chapter. So if you look too much into the lyrics, you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment. Most of the time ;) Enjoy!

After squeezing myself past a numerous amount of people, I reach the front where I'm met with the sight of four men on the stage, including Kade. Even though the other three are close to him, I haven't made much of an effort to get to know them past their initial impressions. Parker plays the keyboard, Blake is the lead singer and guitarist, and Frankie plays the bass. From what I remember, they're all fairly nice. Parker is the most outgoing, Frankie is definitely the goofiest, and Blake is more of the silent charmer; it's ironic how much his personality clashes with his stage presence.

I grin and wave at Kade as he gets his bearings behind the drumset, his hair stuck to his forehead with a black bandana, matching his other bandmates with a darker hipster style. They all have that heartthrob confidence that demands everyone's attention in the room.

His searching eyes land on my excited form and he waves a drumstick-filled hand in my direction before Blake gives a modest greeting, giving Kade the sign to count them off into their first song. Kade will often play their progress in the new songs, so I'm already familiar with their set, but it's still nice and fun to hear how it all comes together.

Bobbing my head and tapping my foot, I sing along to myself as I stand, deciding to prove Victoria right. I make my way to the bar, smoothly pulling myself onto a stool as I watch the skilled blonde do her job, expertly pouring and mixing drinks like she was made to do it. Her full hips move to the beat as she becomes lost in her work and I can't help but ask myself where she was when I was experimenting in high school.

She finishes her orders and lets out a sigh as the people crowding the bar find better places to be. There's no telling how long it is until I'm pulled from my starring by hearing my name.

"Amara? I told your cute little ass you'd be back for more." She shows off her perfect teeth with a grin and a wink, causing my cheeks to flare up again as I let out a little laugh to brush it off.

"Yeah yeah, and here I am. Now, do you think I could get a shot of Fireball?" I purse my lips and lean my elbows on the counter, my cardigan slipping off of my shoulders and pooling around my elbows and lower back.

I think I want whatever this non-existent 'thing' between Victoria and I is to go somewhere. I mean, I haven't had any kind of relationship excitement in a while, and the last that I had didn't go anywhere past first base. She seems like a nice girl, not to mention how beautiful she is.

I take two seconds to make a pros and cons list, finding quite a few pros and only one con; she could just be really really nice and not into me at all.

Now, how do I even start to hit on someone else...

"Sure thing, but only if you give me your number first." She gives a confident smile, a twinkle in her eyes that says she won't take no for an answer.

I gape at how amazingly easy that was and let out a laugh in disbelief at how fast I was able to seemingly hit it off with someone. I feel like it's always such a foreign idea to approach anyone, much less them approach me. And now this charming woman behind the bar is asking for my number? Whatever god is up there, thank you!

"Well, that seems like a fair trade. Let me see your phone and I might just put my number in there instead of a telemarketer's." I joke and give my own smile, my confidence surging with the knowledge that someone is actually interested.

She smiles in relief like I could've said no if I wanted to, and I make quick work of inputting my information into her phone, giggling when I add a little heart emoji after my name. So mature, I know.

It seems that as I was adding my contact, she poured my shot, replacing her phone with it after I finished. I give a soft thanks in return before throwing it back, the familiar taste of cinnamon greeting my taste buds. I set the glass back down and slide it back to Victoria.

"Hey listen, I've got a few people who need me to fill their glasses, and as much as I love chatting you up, I kinda need to do my job. I get off at eleven, though, if you wanna grab a late bite?" She explains with a tilt to her head and reaches forward to put her hand on mine as she does.

"That sounds like a fun time, I guess I can stick around till then. Good luck." I motion towards the group of people that seems to be growing by the second, laughing as she makes a show of begrudgingly stomping to them.

I let out a sigh as she walks away, finally having the time to breathe and have my thoughts to myself. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I think that I'm so out of practice that I have no idea what or how to do anything. It felt like my brain was going a hundred miles an hour, and I had to reach in the hat to figure out how to feel about situations.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by a particularly loud beat, bringing my attention back to the band onstage. I hop off the stool with my water bottle and wallet in hand, deciding to leave my cardigan around my elbows as I head back to my seat that I hope is still unoccupied.

The crowd isn't so bad anymore, I guess the novelty of the boys wore off. Now, everyone is seated, casually conversing with their friends and consuming their chosen food or drinks.

I get to my seat and fall disappointed when I see that it has been occupied by some unknown person. From what I can tell, It's a man and a damn tall one too. Where my head rested comfortably against the back of the chair, his shoulder blades are visible over it.

Shaggy brown hair hovers over his obviously muscled shoulders. Even in the dim lighting, I can see the defined muscles of what back is showing over the chair.

Don't be a slut, Amara, you just gave your number to Victoria and now you're eye-raping another man? When did you become this frisky?

Slut? I think that's a little harsh... It's not bad to observe someone. It would be bad if I also gave him my number, but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon.

"Can I help you? Or are you just gonna stare at me all night?"

I squeak in surprise as I'm brought out of my thoughts yet again. Instead this time, it's a fucking mountain man that does the trick.

I gulp and take a second to gather my thoughts, most likely resembling a fish out of water as I try to muster up enough umph to respond to such an embarrassing set up.

However, my thinking is cut short by a shrill cry that stops everything.

"HE'S GOT A GUN!"

AN: As always, let me know what you think! Constructive criticism is great, and I will try to take each comment into consideration, so if you have any suggestions on my writing style, feel free to let me know! But please please please remember that you should critique the technicality of my work and not the storyline. Thanks for reading!!