04. SHE NEVER KEPT THE SAME ADDRESS

04. SHE NEVER KEPT THE SAME ADDRESS —

"VIDA, BABY," ALLISON grumbled, putting a hand on her large bump. "I know you're very hungry right now but stop kicking or we'll never finish the pasta."

"Vida?" Matt raised an eyebrow, a smile beginning to form on his lips. "The one Russo suggested?"

"It stuck," Allison shrugged. "And she responds to it by kicking, especially when he calls her every time he touches the bump, so... It also grew on Paulo, too. And I think she likes it."

"She'll be the life of the party," Foggy says, very sure in his statement as he grinned. "Beautiful and delightful like her mother, nothing like her father. If it makes you feel better, I like the name too."

"He only likes it because he gets to call her Vee," Matt interjected, laughing slightly. He didn't sit until Allison finally did, with Foggy's assistance because she had no clue of manoeuvring herself through the booth.

Allison hisses. "Absolutely not." She shifted her position as the two men sat across from her, wanting all the space she can get. "Ah, jesus take the wheel. My feet - fucking finally."

Foggy went and ordered for the three of them, leaving Matt and Allison alone. "Are you okay? There's bruising on your wrists."

"An old face from my past," She shrugged, not at all in the mood to talk about it. "Nothing else. He's gone now."

"Allison..." Matt starts, worried for his friend.

"I'm fine," She tells him sincerely. "Vida and I are fine. We're both okay."

       Foggy suddenly perked up. "Random question; did you ever, you know, sleep with anyone willingly before Vida?"

       Allison's mind went blank, her mouth falling open and eyebrows furrowing. "I..." Then, it dawned on her that Vida's sperm donor has been right in front of her the whole time — the signature three-piece suits, the hair cut, dark eyes and beautiful smile. "I think I know who Vida's father is."

ALLISON GRUMBLED TO herself as she called for her brother, who immediately ran in the room, a frazzled mess. He furrowed his brows when he sees her still sat on the floor with a pout. "What happened? Why are you on the floor?"

"I sat and I can't get up," She whined, and then she gasps as she felt her baby move. She let it past as Paulo helped her up, and situated her back on her bed. He stayed with her for awhile and massaged her feet, until the baby's moving become more hectic that it was slightly hard to breathe. "Paulo," She whimpers, grabbing her stomach.

He stands up in worry, darting over to her and grabbed her hand. "What's wrong? Tell me what's wrong,"

"She won't stop moving," Allison hisses, lurching slightly and squeezed his hand. "Is this some some kind of distress? I She I think she kicked one of my ribs. Oh Oh god," A tear slid down her cheek as she sobbed.

Paulo wrapped his arm around her, panicking slightly. He knew nothing about gynecology and obstetrics as much as Eli did, but he did have basic knowledge. He grabbed his phone, texting Eli to hurry the fuck up and get there. "Shh, calm down. Breathe, Alli. Stress isn't good for the baby, shh."