05. NOT YOUR MISSING LINK

—05. NOT YOUR MISSING LINK—

ALLISON STOOD WITH Billy on the foyer, overlooking the training grounds of his compound. He has his arm around her waist, supporting her weight as she leaned against him. She was silent, her eyes were narrowed as one of the men winked up at her. She gave him a sharp glare and a scowl, causing his eyes to widen, gulp and back away, returning to his routines. Billy chuckled, rubbing her back soothingly, "You should go sit down."

She pursed her lips, "My feet are swollen. Where are the chairs?"

Billy grinned, before scooping her up. "Billy! Let me down before you break your own back from my weight!"

"Nonsense, love," He shook his head, kicking the door of his office open and setting her down comfortably on the sofa bed. Billy grabbed a pillow, remembering what to do with her swollen feet. He perches them on top of the pillow, giving her a smile. "Elevate the pressure to relieve the swelling. Make yourself at home."

He frowns at her silence and her blank expression, kneeling beside the sofa bed. "Are you angry?"

"No."

"Then why are you so quiet? I feel the  I tension from here, love. Tell me what's wrong," He kisses her knuckles. Jeez, he didn't even know what compelled him to do this, all he knew was that he had to make her happy, make sure she and his baby were fine and content.

"I'm hungry," She murmured. "You have any avocados in here?"

"I don't keep food in this office," He explains. "But I can send one up for you." Billy was already striding towards the intercom on his desk. At her pleased sigh, he chuckles and presses the button. There was a crackle before it cleared up.

"Mister Russo?" Marge, his secretary spoke tenderly. That woman literally earned her place in his heart, being the mother and grandmother that he never had. She looked after him so well that she was the only person in the business ever allowed to scold him or talk him down.

Billy smiles slightly. "Hey, Marge. If it's no problem, could you please send up a basket of avocados? Get one of the guys to do it instead, give yourself a breather."

Marge chuckles. "Ah, the cravings, I assume? Don't worry, William, I'll send them up myself. My dear boy's woman deserves the best after all, she's got you hooked around her finger."

"You are the honest best," He breathes out. "Thank you."

"Oh, and Mister Russo? Someone's here and they wish to speak with you privately in your office."

"ANYTHING YOU WANT to say, you can say it in front of her," Billy stated firmly to the potential client. Billy's dislike was clear as he watched the client — whom introduced himself beforehand as Lucas Boyd — eye Allison. Billy sat on the couch nearest to her, so the potential client would be forced to sit on the other couch, facing him and her. At least, Billy was sat between them and if Boyd ever tried anything, Billy would apprehend him quickly.

Allison hummed in agreement. "It's not like you're going to confess your sex scandals to him," She mentioned, before turning to him with a raised brow as she ate a spoonful of avocado. "Or are you? Never mind, I don't want to hear it. If you ever get hungry, I'll tell you now that I will not share my avocados with you. And if you puke out of nervousness, know that I will also vomit on you." The brunette rubbed her bump, feeling a kick against her palm.