Chapter 38 - Saturday Mornings

The morning of the Hogsmeade weekend

The morning of the Hogsmeade weekend. A carriage ride shared with Gryffindors. Hogsmeade errands to run. There is an Incident at Hogsmeade.  

Hermione really had no idea why her dormmates and House mates were pitching in so much to help her get ready, but she wasn't complaining

Hermione really had no idea why her dormmates and House mates were pitching in so much to help her get ready, but she wasn't complaining. She just hoped this didn't mean that they expected her to return the favour when they happened to be going out. Julia and Lakshmi laughed when they heard her say that.

"What? I'm not sure how good my fashion advice is going to be."

"Exactly. Which is why we're not going to ask you for any," Julia said, dryly, ignoring the reflexive 'hey!' that Hermione just made. "But you've done a lot when it comes to school work, and I'm sure you'd keep doing that. It's fine. You can continue to do what you're good at and let us handle what we're good at."

Though where Lakshmi procured the shampoo that said 'boosts shine and vitality for curly hair' when hers was only slightly wavy at most was beyond Hermione. Hermione wasn't going to question her good fortune, though. At least no one expected her to straighten her hair. She thought it was fine as it was and damn anyone who thought otherwise.

She did, at least, manage to get her nosey House mates to keep their distance when Tom did come around. Her excuse was that she didn't want them to scare him off, though her real answer was that she was starting to feel like a Panda in a zoo—watched at all times and with low mating success that the whole staff had to pitch in.

"Not a bloody Panda," she muttered.

"I'm sorry?" Eugenie asked.

"Oh, never mind. It's not as if you can't play voyeur from the doors of the Ravenclaw Tower. I'm simply not staying there for you to spy on."

"We're not spying," Julia insisted with indignance. "We're helping."

Hermione had to send her a long, disbelieving look before Julia huffed and relented. "Oh, alright. Don't blame us if something goes wrong."

She had to grin at that. 'Frankly, if anything goes wrong, I'm more inclined to blame Tom than anyone." What with his megalomaniacal tendencies buried deep.