Ch. 2

"Agent Barton!" The director of S.H.E.I.L.D. calls for his archer. Eliza turns around to see a man in a long black trench coat and an eyepatch over his left eye. "Is this the trainee?"

      "Yes sir." He nods and waves at us to follow. "Sir. May I ask where we are going?"

"We're going to the lab. We need to get blood work done." At this, Clint's eyes widen in fear of S.H.E.I.L.D. finding out about him and Natasha. More importantly, their child.

"Sir. She's fine. She doesn't need to have blood work done. I made sure myself." The director turns around. He looks at Eliza and then Agent Barton.

"What are you hiding from me, Barton? And don't say nothing." Clint's neck starts to sweat. The director notices and calls him out. "Clint Barton. What is so special about this girl that she doesn't need blood work done?"

Eliza can't handle the pressure anymore and answers for her father: "He's my dad. That's what he didn't want you to know." Fury looks at them in shock. How could one of his best agents have a kid and not tell him about it. It almost feels like he had been betrayed.

"Is this true?" He whispers. The agent in question nods in guilt. "Who's her mother?"

"I have been sworn to secrecy. I can't tell you. I'm sorry." The director glares at Clint and he flinches but still stays silent. He can't risk Natasha getting in trouble with the American government while the Red Room is still on her back.

A while ago, Nat went to Russia on a mission. She had to kill a man who was in charge of a heist. S.H.E.I.LD. didn't know it, but that man was Ivan Somodorov. Up until that night, everyone in the Red Room had thought she was dead. She saw Ivan and she froze. He saw her and told the whole organization about it. Now, the Red Room is after her.

"Very well, Barton. This girl is your responsibility while she's here. And that may not be for very long." Clint nods and the and Eliza walk to the training room. Each trainee gets one hour to train with an agent before their trial.

They walk over to the mat for hand-to-hand combat first. "You ready to go, sweetheart?" Eliza smirks.

"Bring it on, old man." At this, Clint lunges for his daughter but she side steps and lands a hit to the jaw. She gets a few more hits until he motions for her to stop and steps off the mat. "What, you're too tired?" She asks.

"No. I want you to meet a friend of mine." He walks toward the door and opens it for a woman with fiery red hair and emerald green eyes. "Eliza. Meet my partner Agent Romonoff." Elizabeth wave and she nods.

      Natasha taps her partners shoulder and asks, "Is this our child?" She whispers soft enough that he could hear but not the girl standing only a few feet from the two. Clint nods and Nat sighs. "I guess I had to meet her someday. I just hoped it wouldn't be at this place," she mutters under her breath.

"So. Um, how well do you know my dad," Eliza asks. From this question sparked a full on conversation about all the embarrassing and humorous things Barton had done.

In an hour, the two girls had become close friends and it was finally time for the truth to come out. Natasha puts her hand on her earpiece and calls for her partner: "It's time, Clint. We need to tell her." She hears an okay from the other end of the com and prepares herself for the oncoming conversation.

Clint walks in and sits down next to the redheaded assassin and takes a deal breath. "Listen, Eliza. There's something we have to tell you." The young girl nods for him to continue. "Fourteen years ago, I wasn't ready for a child then I found out about you. I didn't know how it was possible cause your mother wasn't physically able to have children because of her past." The pair looks at each other and Natasha decides to finish what they plan to say.

"Eliza. What we're trying to tell you is that," she takes a deep breath. "I'm your mother. Clint is your father."