Ch. 3

Eliza couldn't speak. She couldn't even move. What she had just been told completely shocked her. How could her own father keep this huge secret from her? How on Gods green earth could he keep her mother from her for all fourteen years of her life?

"Eliza. Baby. You okay?" Clint scoots over to his daughter and wraps her in a hug. "Listen. I'm so sorry, baby. We had to keep you a secret. It was for your safety." Eliza nods and takes a breath.

"I'm okay. It's okay Dad. I understand." She doesn't really, though. She will never understand how something so important was kept from her her entire life. Her father has seen her mother every time he was on a mission and he never told her.

      Natasha looks at her and Clint and smiles. A genuine smile for once. She sees the two most important people in her life in front of her. "I'm gonna go tell Fury that you're ready for the recruitment ceremony. It's at noon tomorrow." She pats Eliza's back and kisses Clint's cheek before walking out the doors.

      The father and daughter pair look at each other and smile. Eliza punches Clint on the arm and runs to the door laughing her head off. Clint chases after her to the front of the building when Fury stops them. "Agent Barton!" He exclaims.

      Clint winces and turns around, pushing his daughter behind him protectively. If Fury knew who her mother is Eliza would surly be put under high security surveillance. She would be ruined if he found out. "Yes, sir?" He questions.

      "Why are you running through my facility with a girl when she should be training for the trials?"

      "Hasn't Agent Romanoff informed you yet, sir?" Clint asks, his arm still gripped tightly against his daughter.

"I haven't seen her yet, no." The director glances at the child behind the archers back curiously. "Why is she behind your back, agent?"

"No reason, sir," he replies back, gripping her arm even tighter. "We have to get going now, Director. Goodbye."

      "Goodbye, Clint," The Director replied. He was curious as to why the child was behind the agents back. What was so different about her? Why did he care what happened to her so much aside from his fatherly protectiveness? Why does she look like someone he knows?