Chapter 1 : I almost Died

I stared wide-eyed at the body in front of me.

A girl.

She was probably at seventeen years old. She was wearing a school uniform.

Like what I wear.

Her body was contorted in an angle I couldn't quite describe but I know would be painful, and her face was covered with her long dry hair and with her own blood.

The thing that made me wide-eyed was...

I am that girl.

***********************

The last thing I remember was- I am walking quietly and arrived in front of the pedestrian lane. I patiently waited and followed the traffic sign.

As I crossed the road, a car at a very fast speed came running towards me. Without even given a second to think, the car slammed to my body that sent me flying- literally, my soul went flying.

But before that, I felt the extremely painful sensation all over my body, especially in my head. And when I stood up, that's where I found the body.

My body.

Even I was startled for a moment and I could not think clearly, I know I am that girl.

People came running to me- my body, while few people called the ambulance and the police.

The car that hit me that appeared swiftly also gone swiftly.

I was still shocked and in a daze when the ambulance arrived. When they put me inside the ambulance car I also followed.

What I'm gonna do? Even I trespass in the car, no one seemed to see me. Which made me nervous. I also tried to speak to them but they were not looking at me. When I tried to touch them, my hands just penetrated them. I watched with wide eyes as my hand just passed through them.

Dread overcame my being as I understood one thing.

Did I ....really die?

Did I separate from my body eternally?

Did I become a wandering ghost?

They were all fearsome questions for me.

I tried to think about why this should happen to me. Am I a bad girl that needed to be extinguished in this world, so bad people would be less? Or am I a super good girl that God put an end to my life so that I would not suffer any more in this world?

Suddenly it dawned on me.

Why am I on that road?
Am I going home after school? Or going to visit someone?
Drop by some places?

No. I don't know.

I could not remember anything at all.

This made me frightened more.

Who am I?

Thousands of questions popped up in my head. About my identity and why this shit thing happened to me.

I looked around.

Maybe some angel or death guide or grim reaper would appear beside me.

I was waiting for them and I would demand an explanation. It was not fair for me to die like this.

I am still young and I don't know who was that bastard that killed me! And also, I don't know anything about myself. I could not leave this world without knowing anything. What if I have a loving family waiting for me? A younger sibling that only depends on me? Or maybe I am a young mother who left a child behind? Or maybe a boyfriend I promised to marry to? Aghh! I could not die yet! Not now!