Chapter 1

*Authors Note: This is my first so I hope you enjoy it :)*

It was another boring Sunday afternoon in 221B.John Watson was sitting comfortably in his chair reading the newspaper while Sherlock Holmes,his flatmate,was quitley standing watching the view from their window.

John looked up from his newspaper and stared at Sherlock. He was worried about him, ever since Irene Adler had left Sherlock had been acting differently.

Normally he would be dying to take a case but everytime a client would show up at the door, he would turn them away without even a word coming out of their mouth.

John continued to look at Sherlock, studying his black curls to his robe he was wearing over his pajama's. "Do you need something?" A heavy and powerful voice asked.John folded his newspaper and set it down on his lap. "We'll actually I want to know what's going on Sherlock, I'm just worri- There is nothing going on and you have nothing to worry about." Sherlock intrupputed and sighed. Sherlock looked back at John, his eyes glistening then quickly walked to his room and slammed the door shut.

John wanted so badly to march over to Sherlocks room and demand answers but he knew it wouldn't work. Sherlock had been acting like this for weeks, ever since Irene left it was like his heart was completey broken. John then felt something, like his stomach had dropped. Whenever he thought about Sherlock and Irene he tried not to feel it, but he couldn't help it.

No I'm not jealous, Sherlock is just my friend. He thought to himself. John left the newspaper on the table and went to the kitchen to make some tea. He wondered if Sherlock would want any but didn't want to bother him when he was upset.

That's what bothered John, Sherlock was upset and he couldn't stand to see him like this but no matter what John would do or say Sherlock just wouldn't open up.

John sat down with his tea and drank quitely thinking to himself. He began to wonder what Sherlock and Irene must have had togeather for Sherlock to be upset about. He also started to wonder when Sherlock would speak to him about it or if he would never tell him a thing and just simply brush it off like it was nothing.

Just then John heard a knock on the door, he got up and opened the door to see Lestrade standing in front of him.