f i v e • why not.

Cody's POV:

"Hey, so please don't take this the weird way, which you might but okay here goes. I was literally just lurking through your instagram cause you caught my eye the day your picture popped up on the big screen...but, I would like to get to know you, it doesn't have to be on the low but maybe while and if we get to know each other we can keep it lowkey until we know it can lead to something more?" I show it to Mariana as she approves and I hit send.

I smile in a giddy manner knowing I was able to talk to her, and hopefully get to know her.

"It just sucks that if i'm not having a game day here, I'm traveling having a game day somewhere else..What if she's not down for that? What if she wants something that is more at her needs? Someone she can see everyday and stuff?" I tell Mariana as she realizes i'm freaking out

"Hey look, Kike and I made it work. And now here we are engaged. If she messaged you and she said she's down even if it's lowkey then that means she's down for you Cody. Give it a shot, she probably will be down to even travel to some games if she has the chance, you just need to give it a shot" she smiles as I nod and begin thinking about Isabella.

Isabella's POV:

i'm arguing with Elizabeth on why she decided to send a message when I told her not too.

"I hate that you do literally the opposite of what I tell you not to do." I say frustrated as she laughs

"dude chill. If he doesn't answer, then he doesn't. It's no big deal." she says calmly as I roll my eyes knowing she's right

We continue watching To All The Boys I've Loved Before, I eat my popcorn as my phone dings and I check the notification.

When I see the username I instantly freak out as I toss my phone.

"No. There's no fucking way that's possible" I say over and over again as Elizabeth gets up and picks up my phone and laughs loudly

"bitch! He fucking answered!" She laughs as she begins to read the message out loud

"Girl, He stalked your instagram and is down to hang out. Answer him." she smiles widely as she hands me the phone and I bite my lip as i laugh nervously

I swipe on the notification as I read the message again and begin typing back

cody_bellinger: Hey, so please don't take this the weird way, which you might but okay here goes. I was literally just lurking through your instagram cause you caught my eye the day your picture popped up on the big screen...but, I would like to get to know you, it doesn't have to be on the low but maybe while and if we get to know each other we can keep it lowkey until we know it can lead to something more?

isabells: It's totally fine, honest lol. I'm like kind of freaking out because I wasn't expecting for you to answer but wow. Anyway, I'm down to get to know you, I know you're busy and that's totally fine. As am I due to school but I'm willing to give it a chance if you're down? And like I mentioned we can take our time, I can probably go to another Dodgers game or you can come over for dinner or something just so we don't get caught seen together and stuff..

I put my phone on Do Not Disturb as I try to focus on the movie and not think about the messages knowing that'd i'd be angsty Eli laughs as she glances at me every couple of minutes