The Yule Ball

Tomorrow was the Yule Ball and this night was coming to an end. Nobody had asked you yet. Well, this technially was your first year of showing yourself.

You were walking back to the common room with a new book you'd just checked out from the library. As you sat down in your favorite chair, Harry and Ron were being shoved past you by Hermione.

"Honestly Harry!" You heard her whisper. "I don't see why it's that big of a deal! Just ask her!"

Her?

Harry nervously shuffled over to you. You looked up from your book and pretended you didn't hear their hushed conversation.

"Can I help you?" you inquired.

"No. I'll just be going," Harry said and started for the stairs.

"Harry!" said Hermione, pushing him back towards you.

"Fine," he said with a huff. "Y/N, would you like to go to the ball with me?" Harry blushed madly.

Your hair turned pink as you put your book down and stood up. You took him by the hands which made him blush even more.

"Of course I will," you said and kissed his cheek.

As you turned and walked to the girls' dormitory Harry, Ron, Hermione, and every other Gryffondor mouth seemed to hang agape.

Even you were taken aback by your new found confidence. Harry looked like he was about to fall over.

~~~

Tonight was the night! You had a long, flowing, F/C dress on. You makeup was done perfectly and your hair was in a braid that swirled around your head.

You met Hermione at the bottom of the stairs. She was in a beautiful pink and magenta dress.

"You look beautiful, Hermione!" You said.
She blushed and took your hands. "Not as beautiful as you! And your hair! It's lovely."

You two walked down to the Great Hall and stood at the top of the stairs. You peered around the corner and saw Harry standing down with Ron.

What was Ron wearing?

You came around the corner and walked gracefully down the stairs.

Everyone starred. It made you desperately want to turn invisible again. You took Harry's arm and lined up with the others to walk into the Great Hall. Hermione came down the stairs and joined with Viktor Krum in front of you.

As you walked into the Great Hall, music started playing. The Hall was decorated with icicles that hung from the ceiling. Pine trees brushed in frost and strung with golden ornaments were in each corner of the room. It was beautiful.

Harry took your waist as the champions started dancing. He was really awful at ballroom dancing.

More people started joining the dance: Ginny and Neville, they looked so cute together! McGonagall and Dumbledore, less cute.

The classical music turned into The Weird Sisters rock and roll. It was pretty good music. Except, they were all dudes... Who picked the band name?

Harry took my hand and lead you outside to the garden. You sat down on a bench near other couples. They were all snogging.

Is this really happening? Harry's going to kiss me? You thought nervously.
He took your hands.
When did he become so confident?

"Y/N. I know we havn't know each other long but . . . " He stopped.

"But what? Harry you can tell me," you said.
"I think you, we, Why is this so hard?" he chided himself. "Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?" he blurted out. He started rambling. "I mean it's ok if you don't―"

You leaned in and kissed him. He was suprised at first, then kissed you back. It was awkward yet passionate at the same time 

Ron came around the corner. "Hey Harry?" He spotted your scene. "Nope. I'll just go then."