Chapter 9: Bull's Eye

Bull's eye

Later on, in the afternoon, everyone was inside the underground shooting range. The three-lane shooting range was complete with a target retrieval system. It included a gun and ammunition storage and is completely secured by a Fort Knox vault-room door. With their earmuffs on, the women were engrossed in the shooting experience. The guys were amazed by the girls and decided to hold a contest.

'Since you girls got a hang on the guns, why don't we play a simple game,' Jason announced.

Rachel frowned, 'You're not going to have us make out with one another, are you?'

'Well since you put it that way, I'm taking you as my partner, Rachel,' Fennell smirked.

Yint smiled, 'I call dibs on, Nian' and made funny kissy faces at her as she snorted.

'You better stick those kissy faces somewhere, where the sun doesn't shine, Yint,' Nian rolled her eyes.

Jason laughed at Yint's surprised face and mumbled beside his ear. 'She might be a wild one to tame, Yint.'

'I wouldn't be so sure about that,' Yint smirked and answered her, 'I'm putting it between it your lips.'

Nian blushed and fake laughed, 'Ha, ha...as if you can,' she rolled her eyes whispering the rest of her response.

Yint overheard her as he simpered in thought, 'I know I can.'

'So that leaves me with Janie,' Jason smirked at Janie who frowned.

Janie warned, 'Don't even think about it, Jason' as she heard him laugh.

'I won't guarantee that,' Jason teased her.

Janie folded her arms furiously, 'Are we going to play or not?'

'Calm down speedy, first three rounds, the one who shoots the target's centre in all three rounds wins a free horse, a packet of beer and camping equipment,' Jason said.

The guys cheered, Nian frowned, 'What am I going to do with a horse, beer and camping equipment?'

'We'll go out on a picnic, sweetie,' Yint flirted.

Nian made a shock-frightened face, 'No way' and that made Rachel and Janie laughed.

'And the loser who can't come close to the target kisses their teammate,' Fennell suggested wrapping his arm around Rachel. 'She's my partner.'

Rachel blushed, 'Nell, I didn't agree to this.'

He whispered in her ear, 'So what? I'm with you.'

'Let the games begin,' Jason smirked at Janie who stood beside Nian.

She felt uncomfortable and turned to her best friend, 'We're teaming up together.'

'No, I want you with me, honey,' Jason announced. 'Cause Nell got Rachel it's only fair if we pair up,' he pointed out.

Yint agreed, 'Yeah,' walking over, grabbing Nian's hand. 'She's pairing up with me.'

'Who made you judge?' Nian asked.

Yint chuckled and quipped, 'Me? And I say you're my teammate, you don't have many choices, babe' and watched her simpering as she puffed her nose.

'Then I'm stuck with this guy?' Janie frowned at Jason who laughed.

Jason joked, 'I'm sorry I'm too handsome to be your type.'

'Says who? Santa Claus? You're not my wish list, buddy,' Janie retorted.

Rachel clapped her hands and said, 'Since we're all paired up, let's play.'

'Okay,' everyone answered.

Team 1: Janie and Jason: The Janson.

Team 2: Yint and Nian: Yin Ni.

Lastly, Team 3: Fennell and Rachel: Chennell.

The girls started, Janie went up first because Jason made her do it. She focused on the bull's eye and hit the target with one piercing neat shot which made her earn applause from the guys including Jason, who smiled at her, the moment she faced him.

Janie muttered, 'Let's see if you can top that.'

Jason laughed at her courage. 'It's only the first round, babe.'

Then Rachel went after, she breathed and exhaled about to shoot. Fennell started cheering and made her lose concentration missing the target; it landed outside of it.

Fennell whispered with a smirk. 'Where's my kiss, Rachel? You didn't hit the target, cowgirl.'

Rachel aimed at his feet. 'Dance for me first, cowboy' and started shooting the blank shots at his feet while he hopped over the fake bullets.

'Rachel! Stop it! It's just one kiss, though. It wouldn't hurt a fly,' Fennell whined.

Rachel frowned, 'You're comparing my kiss to a dirty old fly...you stingy mutt!' she continued shooting at his feet as he danced like a clown as the others laughed.

'I didn't!" Fennell admitted.

'Okay, I'm next,' Nian said in her lane with Yint behind her. She gulped holding the fireman steadily, angling herself to aim at the centre about to pull the trigger. Yint sneezed making her jump as she shot but ended up missing the target. 'No!' she yelled angrily.

Yint used his hand to cover his laugh as she faced him. 'What was that for? You made me miss my shot, you numbskull...!'

'Me? You just have bad timing,' Yint shrugged and pointed his finger at his lips for a kiss. 'Better pucker up, sugar pie. I'm not a kissing booth but for you, I'm willing to make you feel good.'

Nian's mouth parted in disbelief with a small blush and then she thought, 'How about I tease this fool a little bit?' and answered, 'All right, cowboy, give me your best kiss' and that surprised them.

'Sure thing, sweet,' Yint answered leaning in about to kiss her and then she kicked him in the groin.

'Ah! My walnuts!' he yelled.

Nian laughed, 'You should put some ice on those walnuts of yours, Yint.'

Fennell grinned. Rachel smacked him behind the head. 'Help him!' while Jason helped Yint up as he groaned in pain.

'Okay, okay,' Fennell frowned rubbing his head and took Yint's other arm and went into the elevator that brought them up to the main room.