The Beginning

» All you Soul Eater fans, this isn't a SE × FT crossover. My apologies!  Original written 3/20/14, Rewritten 4/13/17

"Lucy!" a voice boomed against the wooden walls of the Fairy Tail guild. The blonde turned to see the one and only salamander, Natsu Dragneel. He was with Lisanna, his childhood friend. "Hm?"
"Lucy, we're replacing you with Lisanna. She's a stronger mage. You can take this time and Train!" The blonde was shocked at how happy he was relaying this information. She had been on the team for so long. More than seven years, if you Count Edolas. Was this a team decision?
"Okay..." She muttered meekly in response, scraping together a plan. She walked to Makarov's office and knocked.
"Come in, Lucy." The small old man behind the door stated clearly, though clearly sidetracked by documents and guild requests. The blonde swallowed her nerves, and began to speak.
"I wish to quit the Guild to take off time for training." Makorovs pupils shrank in surprise, but he quickly grasped hold of the situation at hand. He erased her insignia with the wave of his hand, and wished her good luck. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in when she closed the door to his office, and quickly snuck out through the Guild's back door.

After going to her apartment complex and explaining things to her landlord, she left the apartments homeless
After all, you don't need an apartment when you're going to spend all your time in the woods. She took out a map of the area, and walked towards the biggest patch of forest she could find.
" Gate of the lion, Leo! Open!" she exclaimed, raising the matching key high into the air. Loke quickly appeared, preforming his signature wink.
"Hello, Lucy." She smiled back at his strange antics and continued.
"Gate of the lamb, Aries! open! " she chanted again, repeating the pose. Aries appeared as well, followed by a "poof" noise. Loke's  brow furrowed in confusion at what Lucy was doing. As if sensing this, she yelled over to him.
"I'm training!" she called to them, moving to the next. "Gate of the maid, Virgo! Open!" she chanted yet again, sloppily repeating her previous movements. "Punishment?"  Virgo called out, as she popped out of the sky within seconds. Lucy fell back into the ground and  took a deep breath.
"So this is my limit, huh?" she muttered aloud. Fine, I'll work harder. " Gate of the bull, Taurus! Open!" Tarus appeared with the familiar puff sound, and Lucy began to prop herself up against a tree. "Gate of the crab, Cancer! Open!" Lucy's mana took a big hit from thus particular summon, and Loke rushed to her side.
"Lucy, if this is your limit, appreciate it. It's much more than what you were able to do. We'll train more later." He then vanished, along with every other spirit. Only seconds later he reappeared with his own Magic.
"Lucy, shall I stay with you for the night so you aren't attacked?" he asked.
"Whatever makes you Happy, Loke."
He nodded and set off, already setting up a tent and  grilling meat over a crackling fire. The blonde chuckled quietly from his actions.
"Amazing!" she exclaimed, slurping up the meat stew Loke made for the night. The ginger blushed bright red, furiously nodding and giving gratitude for her praise.  Soon after the food was completed, Lucy was asleep in the tent. Loke eventually left, after spending  half of the night patrolling the tent and peering in to see what Lucy was doing. She was sleeping every time.