열하나

(a/n i just corrected some typos, the update comes later today!)

after their break up jimin stayed at home for the following two days, he knew he acted like a coward but he just couldn't face jungkook.
in his head, he still imagined that jungkook would ring at his door telling him that they could move to another city and start over. oh how much he hoped that would be the truth.

he could lose his job and jungkook's future would be ruined but that couldn't stop him from at least dreaming of it, and so he spent two days like that dreaming, crying and sometimes eating.

his friends visited him as often as they could and helped him, they knew that jimin blamed himself thinking that he almost ruined jungkook's future, that he didn't deserve to love and what he was even thinking that someone as perfect as jungkook could love someone as jimin.

jimin couldn't do anything against it, jaebum just blamed him all the time, that no one could love him and it was his own fault, and even though jimin knew that jaebum wasn't right, that jaebum didn't treat him right he still belived him deep down.

-•-

on friday jimin returned to school, he knew he couldn't act like that and just had grow the fuck up. jimin had stopped dreaming about a future with jungkook, now he was just angry.
angry at everything and everyone, why couldn't he be happy and finally find true love? and jungkook! couldn't he have told jimin that he still went to school! he knew perfectly well that jimin had a job as a teacher.

of course, jimin was lucky enough to have jungkook's class firstly and so he entered the classroom with a dark expression, a lot of students and teachers looked at him in wonder, the usually cheerful and sweet teacher was now a scary man with a dark expression and also just as dark rings under his eyes.

the students all stood up to greet their teacher and then the lesson started, they had music now and luckily jungkook wasn't there.
just in that second, there was a small knock on the door and the said boy entered, his hair was messy and he had some black baggy clothes with some stains on them.

jimin also noticed the dark rings under his eyes and his slightly red eyes "i'm sorry mr park i couldn't find my keys..." jungkook said secretly being happy to finally see jimin again.

"well, i don't care about what happened to your keys mr jeon! the only thing i care about is that my students get to class on time, understood?!" jimin yelled at jungkook, he just couldn't help it and the second the harsh words left his mouth he felt bad but he couldn't take them back.

jungkook was shocked that the older screamed at him like that for being late by only 5 minutes, "i'm sorry mr park, it won't happen again."
he then walked to his seat in the back.

jimin couldn't focus anymore all the anger was gone, now he just felt guilty for screaming at jungkook like that. jimin hated screaming, especially at students but he had to move on before the other students could realize that there was something about him and one of their classmates that they didn't know about.

"so students as i was about to say, i'm sorry for not being there the last two days but i was a little sick, i hope you understand." jimin tried to smile at the class "i know that most of you won't like this but i'd like you to all sing one time in front of me." he was interrupted by loud groaning coming from the students.

jimin laughed "i know, i know you probably think that this is embarrassing but i promise you at the end of the year you all can sing at least a little, you just have to let me help you."

and so it started, student after student sang their favorite songs, the ones that were better could go to the left and the ones that still need a little improvement went to the right.
the last one that still had to go was jungkook and as he stepped to the front jimin had to take a deep breath and then the younger started singing.

suddenly the whole room went silent, jimin never ever had heard a voice as beautiful as jungkook's. his voice sounded like the sound of an angel.
jungkook had his eyes closed and it felt like he was singing right from his heart.
the girls began to whisper and squeal pointing at jungkook and jimin had to take a deep breath to not yell at them to shut the fuck up.

jimin was so focused on jungkook that he hadn't even realized that jungkook was finished with singing. he only realized it as jungkook opened his eyes and their eyes met, jungkook smiled awkwardly and then said: "i'll just go to the right..."

jimin awoke out of his daze and then said: "you must be kidding, you know that you deserve to go to the left more than anyone else, i've never seen a more talented student in singing than you."

jungkook seemed to not expect that as turned around to walk to the left joining yugyeom, a hint of pink on his cheeks.
"so yugyeom, hyuna, taeyeon, seungri and jungkook you're all on the left and i want all of you to look for 4 students with whom you'll work on a song i give you and next month i want you to perform it, got it?"

all of them nodded then chose their teams and the bell rang. "okay students i'll see you on monday in math, have a good weekend!"

jimin turned around packing his belongings when he suddenly heard a cough from behind him. he turned around and it was jungkook.
"oh mr jeon, what can i do for you?" jimin asked with a polite smile.

jungkook seemed to think for a moment before he answered: "i just wanted to ask you if you're okay?"
jimin didn't really know how to answer this, because he wasn't okay but he shouldn't talk with his student about things like that, should he?

"i'm sorry that was a dumb question, i'd better go now..." jungkook said after a long silence.
"no it's okay and to be honest no i'm not okay. to be honest, i'm feeling awful at the moment and i know that you're going through a lot too but we have to get through this and move on. i'm begging you, please move on, find somebody that can love you like you deserve."

"but-"

"kookie please."

jimin could see how the taller froze as he realized that jimin called him kookie.

"okay, i'll respect your decision, even though i don't think there is anyone that is better for me than you."

"please..." jimin said with a small voice

"i'll see you on monday mr park." jungkook said with a heavy heart walking out of the classroom.

jimin tried to not cry, it was a lot easier earlier when he was still angry but now the sadness was back and even worse. the younger was so close but yet so far.

there was knock on the door and as jimin answered with a yes, taemin entered the classroom together with kai.
"hey jimin, everything okay?" taemin asked seeing that jimin's eyes were a bit red. it was weird, because he just saw jungkook one of his students, leaving the classroom. he couldn't think of a reason why jimin should be crying because of a student so it was probably just jimin still being a little sick.

"yeah, everything's alright. do you want to have lunch together later?" jimin asked his two colleagues and both agreed.

and so the day went on for jimin without anything special happening to him. until later that day, at about 3 pm his phone began to ring.

"hello?" he answered his phone.

"you're back in seoul?!" jimin asked excitedly.

"omg we have to meet up,...., yeah saturday is perfect.... okay see you then."

jimin laughed "i love you too sister."

he then hung up being happy that his sister finally had returned to seoul.

-•-

happy late birthday jimine!!!💛

i'm currently writing a one-shot for jimin's birthday but as i got a lot to do for school i'm not sure when i can finish it.

anyway, the next chapter will focus on jungkook and how friday went for him and maybe you still remember that he also meets jisun...

check out my profile for other stories

~minie