❝one❞

Renjun was looking at himself from the mirror. He squeezed the barley noticable fat and frowned. The only thing he saw from the reflection was his overweight self, even though he was the opposite.

That day he skipped lunch and dinner only living on breakfast, in which he had an energy bar and an apple with some peppermint tea. He felt full with what he had and decided it was enough, maybe even too much.

Renjun was on a diet. He didn't let himself eat any foods consisting fats or things that had too much sugar in them. He gave up on pretty much everything so that he could lose weight and look pretty, but he was already skinny. He didn't see that.

It was a nice winter day, so he went out for a walk. Snowflakes covered mostly everything including roads and pathways. The snow had just fallen and there was more to come. Renjun liked winter days like those. It felt astonishing walking around everything that was covered by a white carpet.

With weak legs he walked around the town and looked down. Renjun didn't feel so well as he did at home. Just when he thought about sitting on the nearest bench he collapsed into the soft cotton beneath him.

Donghyuck was laying on the white bed as usual. He had nothing to do but read a book, that he didn't even enjoy. He didn't like the plot about a woman, who had went to teach a child in a mansion and fall in love with the owner, who was many years older than her, just to come out with the truth that the man was already married with another woman on their wedding day. It all just seemed so rubbish to him, no matter how well the book was actually written, the plot was something that he despised.

❛come on now, Donghyuck, it's time for dinner.❜

The food was set infont of him on the small table that was sitting on the bed. Hospital food was kind of blunt, barely with no seasoning in it, but it was all just to serve it healthily.

❛thank you.❜

Hyuck picked up the chopsticks and ate some fish that he was given. He also nommed on the onigiri that he actually ate with passion. The seaweed wrapped around the rice was crunchy and it felt fresh. The whole meal was filling and well made, if he could've he would have asked for another onigiri, but he didn't, thinking it would've been unpolite.

He was about to drink water from his glass until a new bed with a person was brought in. His full attention was on the boy laying there. All kinds of small hoses with bags attached to the unconscious male, Donghyuck wondered what had happened to him to be in such condition. By the pale skin and the skinny figure he assumed he was found near a shelter or such, but he had no idea what was the actual case. It really could've been anything.

One of the nurses he was familiar with came up to him and asked:

❛could you watch over him until he wakes up? And when he does please call us, he's in a terrible condition.❜

Hyuck just nodded and the nurse left. He looked to his right, where they had put the boy. There were a lot of different liquids attached to him, which terrified Hyuck. The way it dripped down the thin hose was disgusting. He never liked needles nor things that went under people's skin, so the sight of the other's hand was terrifying.

Donghyuck ended up in the hospital because of his failed kidney, which he luckily could replace with a working one any time they find a perfect donor. So now he is with one while waiting for another. He was perfectly fine, but the doctors told him that the kidney he has could give up on him any time as well, since all the pressure was on it and it could be too much to handle, after all his kidney isn't actually in a good condition either, but no doctor had told him about it.