Chapter 2

Fall and Winter Chapter 2

The next morning, Winter woke feeling well rested but sick. She was not expecting Raven to come by so early.

Raven sees that Winter is sick. She hands Winter some bread.

Raven: Here, eat this. It will help. She also hands her a bottle of water and a paper bag.

Winter takes the bread and pinches off a bit: Thank you. She takes a couple of bites and looks into the bag.

Winter: Are you kidding me? Really? She says pulling out a test stick.

Raven: You want me trust you? I want proof.

Winter leaves taking the test with her. When she returns, she hands Raven the test stick showing positive results.

Winter: There! Satisfied?

Raven: For now. Then she calls to a bandit woman, Marta, please see to it that Miss Schnee has whatever she needs.

Raven to Winter: Marta is a midwife. She will look after you while you are here.

Winter: Thank you

Raven: I have something I need to do. I will come by later.

After leaving Winter, Raven makes a portal and disappears. She takes bird form and watches from a tree outside of Dr. Watson's home. She sees Yang and the other kids training. Qrow leads them in training exercises. Raven waits until Qrow leaves the house. She follows for a bit. She looks for a chance to get Qrow alone. Qrow turns down a narrow deserted street. Raven knows that he has spotted her. She swoops down and transforms.

Qrow: What are you doing here? What do you want?

Raven: Can't a woman just visit her little brother?

Qrow: No, not you.

Raven: Is that any way to greet family?

Qrow smirks and bows: Sorry my dear, let me show you the same greeting you extend to me. Then he pulls his sword. Is this better? What do you want?

Raven: I only wanted to see how you are.

Qrow: worse, now that you've shown up.

Raven: Didn't you like the gift I left you in Haven?

Qrow: It's Wonderful! Thank you! He says sarcasticly. What happened between you and Yang?

Raven raises her eyebrow: What do you mean? She must have told you. It was exactly like she said.

Qrow: She said that you were gone when she got there.

Raven: True. I left when I saw her coming.

Qrow: You didn't stick around to greet your own daughter? I know how important family is to you!

Raven: She is very angry with me. You wouldn't happen to know why would you brother dear? I didn't want to upset her. It is good to see how well you all are doing. By the way, how is your daughter?

Qrow growing angry: Is there a point to any of this? I'll ask you one more time, what do you want?

Raven: Alright, I want to know if you have made any progress in identifying the Fall maiden.

Qrow: What is your interest in the maiden? You killed the last Fall maiden; there are rumors that you stole the maiden powers from her. Do you care to shed any light on those rumors?

Raven: If I had the powers of the Fall maiden, would I come to you asking about her?

Qrow: You might.