Prologue

"OHHHHH~
There's a place I know
That's tucked away;
A place where you and I can stay
Where we can go to laugh and play,
And have adventures everyday!
I know it sounds hard to believe
But guys and gals it's true,
Camp Campbell is the place for me and you!

We'll swim through lakes and climb up trees;
Catch fish, bugs, bears, and honeybees!
There's endless possibilities
And no,
That's not hyperbole!
Our motto's "CAMPE DIEM"
And that means I'm telling you~

We've got:
Archery,
Hiking,
Search & Rescue,
Biking,
Horseback,
Training that will save you from a heart attack,
Scuba diving,
Miming,
Keeping up with rhyming,
Football,
Limbo,
Science,
Stunting,
Pre-Calc,
Spaceships,
Treasure hunting,
Bomb defusal,
No refusal,
Fantasy,
Circus trapeze,
and Fights,
and Ghosts,
and Paints,
and Snakes,
and Knives,
and Chess,
and Dance,
and Weights-

It's Camp Camp! "

David sung with glee, stringing the strings on his guitar, smiling ear to ear. Everyone clapped. Today was the last day of camp, school was going to start in a couple of weeks, and everyone was heading home today.

"Aw, I'm glad you all like my song! Now I'm sad to see you all leave. It looks like most of your parents are here though. So, it's time for you to go home. I hope you all had an amazing time here at Camp Campbell. I hope to see you next year, for anther amzing, fun filled year of camp. Have a good rest of your year. CAMPE DIEM" David spoke, about to cry from seeing his campers leave. Kids and their parents began to leave, and go home with their parents. Doing the salute and looking at the flag, he, smiled even more looking at all the campers one by one.

"Bye kids!" Gwen, the other counsler of Camp Campbell yelled. Waving at all the 9-11 year olds. Dolph, one of the campers, put his arm up, like he was trying to wave, but didn't move his hand in the motion. Gwen got un-comfortable and pulled her hand down.

"He kinda looks like Hitler..." Gwen thought to herself, as she watched him leave with his father.

"Welp, bye Max! Bye Neil! It was fun hanging with each other this summer. Maybe we'll see each other next year, or maybe sooner!" Nikkii yelled as she ran off to go home with her mother. Her green pig tails swinging behind her.

"Bye Max!" Neil said, walking away at the sight of his mother. He was sweaty from the sun, and overwhelmed.

"Bye." Max sighed, seeing his friends, go home with their parents.

Everyone had left with people who cared about them, except Max.

"This is fucking stupid." Max almost yelled, while sitting down on the log seat. Overheating from the hot sun above him.

"Hey, laungae..." David spoke, walking up to the small 10 year old. His red hair, poking up high.

"Suck a dick." Max replied, showing David his middle finger, without evening looking at him. David sighed at Max, annoyed at this.

"Where are your parents Max? Aren't they picking you up?" David asked Max. Max glanced out of the corner of his bright green eyes, then looked back to the ground, not saying a thing. He sighed, then answered;

"I don't know. They don't care." David's eyes fell, and his smile disappeared. He always felt bad for Max. Being a teacher, David knew that kids acted out a lot for attention. He knew Max's stunts were for his parents, and the fact they never batted an eye at their own son, sadden David. He knew from the first time he met Max, that he was special and needed attenttion, yet, David never understood the full situation.

----

Lyrics By; Rooster Teeth, Song posted by Rooster Teeth on the Social Platform YouTube.

Song; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4c6JUBauBg