My "New" Lady

Y/N Maye's POV: I'm standing by the door and I'm not ready yet. I'm a shaking mess and I have to be calm cool and collected when I walk into that room. Just when I thought I was ready my mom walks over to me and turns me so I'm facing towards her. Wonder what she's gonna say. I'm nervous and she's my mother.

Fiona Maye's POV: I saw my daughter Y/N shaking when I walked up to her so I turned her around and just looked at her for a good second. My daughter. My only daughter. My beautiful daughter is going to be taking over my job at just the age of 17. I'm so proud of my daughter. I have to be in there so I can tell the people of the court I will no longer be doing court cases. I'm retiring and my daughter will be stepping up to see if she knows me as my lady. Y/N my dear you've gotten out of uni and your 17 and your only 3 months shy of your 18th birthday. And your going to be the youngest my lady the court has ever seen. Your going to do great and I'm so proud of you love.

Third Person's POV: Y/N and Fiona Maye knocked on the door and the door opened. They came in and once they were seated announcements were made before we got on with court cases. Fiona has told the court that she's retiring but there's a surprise. Her daughter Y/N Maye will be the new My Lady at just the age of 17. Now Y/N has taken the court. My "new" Lady as they now address her. She talked to the married couple about their case and then the other couple about their case and finally she moved on to the conjoined twin case. She made the decision to have the twins separated. The court session was over for today and everyone went about doing their days. Y/N went home and told her mom what happened. She did good in court for her first time and she would like to do it again. Her dad had just walked through the door with her step brother when her mothers phone rang. She didn't know what her mother was saying but she got off the phone just as quick as she got on the phone. Fiona told Y/N that there is an urgent case about a teen boy his parents and the hospital. So she decided to take on this very emergent case. When she got all the information about the case she decided to do research and since she's not going to school she stayed up as much as she could to get most of the research done before her next court case in about two days. Y/N decided to get some much needed sleep.