11

Winter

"I'm home!" I yelled, tossing my keys on the entry table and taking my shoes off. Isobel walked out from the kitchen, powder all over her.

"Hi honey." She grinned, whipping her hands on a kitchen towel. "Will you come help me bake? Your uncle's having some people over and I agreed to bake." She smiled, walking back into the kitchen. I took off my jacket and put it in the hall closet, walking to the kitchen.

"Where's Kennedy?" I asked, putting my hair in a bun and washing my hands.

"She left yesterday to go to New York to see my brother, Robert. She'll be there for a week." Isobel said, handing me some flour and eggs. "You know, I love your cousin, I do. But God the house is so much calmer without her consistent nagging." I giggled and nodded, agreeing with her.

"So, Sebastian and I almost kissed." I grinned, and she gasped loudly.

"What happened, did he have bad breath?" She laughed, walking to get more eggs. I scoffed and turned around, throwing some flour at her.

"No! He didn't want to kiss because we were drunk. Don't tell uncle Matt." I made a face and she laughed, handing me some more eggs.

"Trust me, I won't. But really? That's so cute! The first time your uncle and I had sex we were higher than hell." She cringed, laughing.

"What?" I asked, my mouth wide. I never knew they even smoked. My uncle always acted like he was a nerd in college. 

"Oh yeah, your uncle was a real bad ass back in his days. Maybe that's why he doesn't like Sebastian." She shrugged, rolling out the dough.

"How did you and Uncle Matt meet?" I asked her, placing the dough piece by piece on the pan before stuffing it in the oven. I washed my hands and sat on the table.

"We met in college, he was a TA and I was a lost freshman. After a frat party he helped me to my dorm, and then helped me take off my clothes." She wiggled her eyebrows, and I cringed covering my ears playfully. She sighed and washed her hands, sitting on the chair next to me. "Your uncle was actually really sweet after he met me. He stopped partying, stopped drinking. We fell in love almost instantly." She smiled at the thought, looking down at her ring.

"That's pretty amazing, Isobel." I whispered, smiling at her. She nodded and stood up, grabbing the milk from the fridge.

"Yeah, it was. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's my home." I talked a bit more with Isobel before I headed to my room to shower and then sleep. I had to wake up early to meet with Holly and Briana. We're going to the beach with Adam, Brad and Sebastian for the weekend.  It seemed like we were always together lately, not that I'm complaining though. Spending time with them has easily became my favorite thing. 

"Winter get up!" Someone whined, and I was being shaken. I groaned and rolled over, my eyes fluttering open. Holly was staring at me from the side of my bed, a glare on her face. "Get up its time to go, Brad already put your things in the car." She told me, putting her hand on her hip. 

"What time is it?" I yawned, sitting up and grabbing my phone to check the time. My eyes widened and I looked up at Holly incredulously. "Its 4am, what the hell are you doing here already?" 

"Well we want to get there early before all the good spots get taken. It takes like 2 hours to get there, and we still have to check into the hotel room and everything." She smiled cheekily, sitting down on my bed. I rolled my eyes and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair, putting my hair in a high ponytail. I changed into my bathing suit and then put a light blue dress on over, slipping on my white sandals and walking downstairs where Holly was waiting for me on the couch. When she saw me she jumped off the couch and skipped outside happily. I got in my jeep, her getting in the passenger side. Brad, Briana and Adam were riding in Brads car while Holly, Sebastian and I were riding in mine. Adam wanted to ride with Holly, but I won in a game of rock paper scissors so Holly gets to ride with me.