love beyond borders...

"When will that be?" Nuri whined trying to lower her voice since she was in a library.

"She always bails on us! Death sentence this holiday." Merjem sided with her. I actually felt cornered now.

I sat up in bed holding my phone up to my face angel. "I see you guys had a private face time without me huh? Why you guys egging me?!" I said trying to sound innocent.

" You know damn well what we're talking about Zu... when will you make time to come home for your holidays?"

"It has been four years! Come this once." Nuri pleaded.

At this point it was no longer an argument and i was no longer in self defence. This time the truth dawned on me and I ... I felt it click in mind as if it has been searching ages for a release.

"Ok guys. No more excuses. Am coming this holiday since you both are flying home for the holidays too."

My answer caused an abrupt screaming in our three way Skype call. This was what was left of our friendship... long Skype calls every weekend but who was I to complain? Am glad I did not lose them despite missing out on my holidays to stay back and study more.

We talked abit more about this and that then we had to end the call to get back our busy daily schedules.

I took my sweet time in getting ready before heading to the library. It wasn't everyday I got time to take long baths . I was always in a rush hour with a maximum of five minute showers.

**
**
**
**

I was in a rush to enter the library when I bumbed into someone running out of the library. The bombardment was just .... BOOM! My bag fell some inches from me and some papers he was carrying were all over the place.

"Am so sorry ! I was in a really bad rush hour here. " He tried to reason with me.

I sat up and fixed my scarf and Niqab before looking up to his standing frame to answer him. I stood up as i answered him.

"Its ok. To be honest i was in some kind of rush too."

I picked my bag and started to walk away when he spoke again "Zahra?... are you Zahra form Langourt? Greenville high?"

I looked at him shocked at his accuracy. How did he know? I looked at all his features to see if anything would ring the bell... he had dirty blond long hair , a well trimmed beard , and ocean blue eyes and overall built body.

 he had dirty blond long hair , a well trimmed beard , and ocean blue eyes and overall built body

OK TOO MUCH LOOKING! I mentally scolded myself .

"Ummm... and you are ?"

"We were at the same high school... We cleared together. Am Zakk ... team
Rapture remember?"

Thats when it hit me . Zakk! I finally remembered.

"Oh ! Nice to see you again brother. So you study here now?"

"Yea. Medical resident. You?"

"Same. How came I've never seen you in any of the classes before."

"I joined recently. I transferred credits. "

"That explains it. Anyway I have a research I need to present tommorw. See you around."

"Yea. See you around."

I walked into the library with my work face on full force .

**
**
**

"Fellas i cant believe this! Hassan has grown a beared!" Manhar laughed as soon as the other faces appeared on the screen of the skype call.

"Look how hard his smiling. Duuuuueeeeeed! Mashallah bruh." Zakk added

"I don't know what you guys are making a fuss about. You are only witnessing how the boy has grown into the man." He said smiling widely.

"Yeah you tell em mate!" Abas cheered him on.

They laughed to that still leaving Manhar laughing

"Only my beard can have three men laughing so hard. No one can call me silly now." He stated causing even more laughter

They talked for ages catching up till..

"Guys we have to meet up this holiday! Everyone needs to fly home. I might stay back abit longer because i want to work under doctor Ameer awhile. " Zakk asked

"Am in if l'll be fed Biryani on a daily basis." Hassan began

" You got it mate! " Zakk assured him

"Am in." Manhar agreed

"No way am being left out." Abas shouted

"See you guys then inshallah."

....