Chapter 4 | why I love you

He just-

He just asked why you love him?

Big mistake, now you wouldn't shut up.

"Well... it's just... you're so cool!" You said.

"I'm cool?"

"Yeah! You're the worlds greatest detective! You've solved hundreds of the toughest cases and you've never been wrong, that's insane! And you're helping the world bit by bit, changing it for the better. You do so much for the world. A-and you're so interesting, you have so many unique little quirks that make you such an interesting character. You're so mysterious and intriguing, you make me want to know everything there is to know about you. And... you're so cute. Like, really really cute. Your hair is so soft and fluffy and your eyebags make you look so adorable, even with the plain clothes, you manage to make them look so good! You're iconic, you're just so cool, that's why I like you" you said.

He didn't really know how to respond to praise. It was all kind of new to him, someone actually liked him and overlooked all his strange habits.

"And, I know looking after you must be a handful sometimes, but I'm up for it! Just being able to be with you makes up for everything. You're just so... perfect"

It was at this point you realised you were rambling and stopped, looking up at L who was kind of shocked.

"Sorry, I kind of starting rambling them, was that too much?"

He was silent for a moment, just trying to think of something to say in response to all of that.

"Y-you really mean that?" He said, in a small voice.

You gave him a reassuring smile.

"Of course I do... you're my favourite character... you're such a wonderful person" you replied.

It was silent again for a moment.

"Thank you... no ones really said something like that before..."

You flashed him another smile and slipped off the bed.

"Come on, I'll make us something to eat"

L followed you into your kitchen as he let everything you said sink in. He's never had someone pour their heart out like that to him before, he didn't really know how to feel.

You opened the cupboards and looked inside.

"Ooo cocoa pops" you said, pulling out the cereal "and marshmallow fluff. I'm gonna make cocoa krispies"

It wasn't very healthy, sure. But it was sweet and something L would like.

"By the way, if you want to look around the house you can. My computer is on and in the other room too if you want fi look yourself up"

"Hmm, that could be interesting. Thank you, I think I'll do that" he said, leaving for the other room.

The second he turned the corner you just straight up put your head in your hands and silently screamed. You could lose it if you stayed quiet.

You impulsively started to jump around and giggle. You just met L! Something you've wanted to do for years! Something that isn't even possible, but somehow just happened.

You stood there for a moment, calming yourself down and continuing to make your food.

"How many do you want?" You called out.

"Uh, 7?" L called back.

Of course he was gonna have crap loads.

"Ok!"

You continued to cook and while you waited for the marshmallows fluff to melt, you grabbed a drink and quickly got dressed before the timer went off.

You decided to check on L too. You looked around the corner to find him reading about himself on the Death Note wiki. You smiled at him and went back to cooking.

You had to wait a little while for everything to cool, so you went to join L. The second you walked in, he noticed your presence.

"Oh, you're here. Good you can answer my question" he said.

"I'm listening, what is it?" You replied.

"What exactly is Wattpad?"

Uh oh.