Chapter 7 | confession

A/n: this is a short story so this will be the end my dudes.

Now what?

You just impulsively kissed him and he didn't push back, does that mean he likes you? Or was he just shocked?

He seemed to be ok with you having a crush on him, but this is L, who knows what he's thinking about the whole thing on the inside.

"I'm sorry... was that too far?" You asked.

"N-no..." he stammered.

Wait- he just stammered? As in the thing you do when you get all shy?

"But... you did just take my first kiss..." he continued.

YOU WHAT?!

"Ah! Sorry!" You exclaimed.

"Why are you apologising?"

"Because like... first kisses are meant to be special and like-"

"But that was special"

You felt your heart skip a beat. Did he mean that? And in what context?

"It was..?" You questioned.

"Well... you like me, I find you very I interesting, and you're probably one of my biggest fans out there... so yeah. Being kissed by someone like you is special" he explained.

You know what? Why not? There's all this build up, may as well just say it.

"L?"

"Yes?"

"...I'm in love with you"

It was silent for a moment, followed by him giggling.

"I figured" he smiled.

"But like- I get it if you don't like me, we just met and-"

He cut you off, putting a hand on your shoulder, making you look up at him.

"Hey, I may not know a lot about love, but I'm willing to learn. You can teach me. I don't know how to kiss, or cuddle or even how to hold hands with a girl... so how about you teach me?"

Was your confession just accepted? In a very... 'L' way. You smiled, the uneasy feeling of fear of being rejected left your body.

"I-I can do that" you smiled.

"I know we literally just met, but you already know everything about me so it's not like I have anything to hide, you know my name, childhood, mental state, everything. If I can trust anyone with my emotions, it's you" he replied.

You impulsively pulled him into a hug, one which he returned, he seemed to know how to hug someone at least, he's not as useless at affection as he says. You stayed in that hug for a while, you took the moment to let everything sink in.

All this time you'd been longing to even just see L in real life, let along hug him. Now here you are, in his arms and feeling safer and warmer inside than ever before. You drew out that hug, if you woke up tomorrow and he was gone, at least you'd have the memories of that hug. You clung to him like it was your last moments alive and he didn't seem to mind. This was all you've ever wanted, who you've wanted.

"I love you so much... don't ever forget that, no matter what happens, you're loved. By me, by so many fans out there, don't you ever forget that" you said, hiding your face in his shirt.

He was silent while he let your words sink in.

"I won't... you're a wonderful person (y/n), don't you ever change" he replied, his usual deadpan tone gone and his voice now filled with emotion.

All your dreams have come true.

This moment was the memory you'd cling to in your darkest times, when you hit rock bottom, this is what you'll think back on.

You pulled back and bought him into another kiss, just to get the last of all that bottled up emotion out. You loved this man, and you always will.

And that night was the last time you said goodnight to an empty spot on the bed.

THE END.