Chapter 6 | feelings

This was such a weird position, both you and L just met, but you already knew a whole lot about each other due to the earlier circumstances.

Now you were in such an odd position, now that he's real, and standing in front of you... you just loved him even more.

He's real! You can give him the affection he needs, you can show him how much you love him... but... he just met you, and this is L we're talking about. Would he even accept your confession?

He's an absolute angel, you love everything about him, from eyebags to the sound of his voice.

You just wanted to show him all the affection in the world, but would he find that weird? He's not exactly a people person.

"You're very deep in thought" he said, breaking the silence.

You snapped out of your thoughts and looked over at L, who was sitting opposite you looking through the manga he starred in.

"Huh? Oh, I guess"

"You're interesting, what do you think about?"

That's a random question but ok.

"Just anime and what I'm having for dinner and stuff" you said.

"You seem to think about me a lot"

"Well yeah... you're my favourite character, and you just magically appeared in my bed this morning so you'd be on my mind for sure" you said.

"I see. You know, since you already know literally everything about me, and I don't have to put on a professional act because you'd see right through it... I guess we should talk more about you since I don't know as much about you as you know about me" he said.

"Ok, ask me things then"

He put down the book and looked up at you.

"Do you prefer sweet or sour?" He asked.

"Depends what it is"

"What kind of music do you listen to?"

"(Fav/music)"

"Do you prefer books or movies?"

"Usually the book is way better than the movie. But some movie series are just so good they put the book to shame, so it depends" you said.

"Hmm... what's your favourite food?"

"(F/f)"

He stopped to think for a moment, doing that thing where he gazes down at the floor and puts his fingers up to his lips.

"Apart from your favourite anime character, what am I to you?" He asked.

Damn, how do you word this one?

"Well... you're a super smart detective with good intentions. You're a little damaged but you keep it together and move on, which is really cool. But... you always seem a little lonely, that's part of the reason a grew so attached to you, because I wanted to make you... not lonely. So I guess the way I see you is a super smart, slightly damaged cool person with cute eyebags"

He let your words sink in for a moment.

"Hmm, that seems about right... but... you think I'm cute?"

Oops, did you let that slip?

"Uh... yeah. That's not weird to you is it?"

"No, it's normal for humans to feel that towards others, I'm just surprised you find me of all people cute since I always wear the same thing and do absolutely nothing to pamper myself" he said.

"Well, some people can just naturally pull it off. Like you"

It was silent for a moment, like he was analysing you as he gazed into your soul. He probably was analysing you, he seemed to do that to everyone.

"There's a 76- no... 78% chance you view me romantically" he said, matter of factly.

He figured it out that fast? He really is as good as they say.

"Well... I mean... kind of" you said, your cheeks heating up.

"83%"

"Huh?"

"Your impulsive blushing tells me I'm correct, although there are a few factors that keep it from being 100%. Maybe that's just because I don't know anything about romantic attraction though" he said.

You were silent for a moment, searching your mind for a response to that.

"Your lack of a response buts the percentage up to 87%"

"Well yeah, you're putting me on the spot... I didn't think you'd figure it out that quickly..." you said, avoiding eye contact.

"I can see through you when you act like this"

You looked up at him, his eyes looked less empty then they usually did. They seemed enlightened, like he was happy with his findings. Your eyes shifted to his lips for a moment, getting the urge to kiss them, but you quickly caught yourself and looked back up at his eyes.

He was so cute...

The silence hung in the air, neither of you knowing what to say as your heart rapidly beat in your chest, your cheeks pink and your mind muddled.

"C-can I do something..?" You said, in a small voice.

"Yes?" He replied, confused.

You took a deep breath and quickly leaned forward, pulling him closer and pressing your lips against his. You felt him tense up against you in shock. You didn't blame him.

But to your surprise, he eased up and melted into it, accepting your kiss and retuning it, his heart beating rapidly.

After what seemed like hours of staying in that kiss, you slowly pulled back and realised what you'd done.

"I-I'm sorry... I just had to get that out..." you said.

It fell silent for a moment, as he took everything in. But the silence broke with one phrase.

"100%"